90 dash harness in a 83

BK_CAULEY

it's built for speed not longevity, woman
Dec 26, 2006
Thomasville, ga
hey guys does anyone know if a dash harness out of a 90 mustang will plug into the rear body harness on a 83? i am going to convert this car to efi and would like to know if this is possible. the right now the harness thats in it is all hacked up and a mess.

• Sponsors (?)

The 90 EFI harness only fits a 90 body harness according to the information I have. There are two plugs in the EFI harness that don't mate up correctly with other year body harnesses.

i guess i should be a little more specific. im aware that a 90 efi main harnes's will only plug into a 90 dash harness but i was wondering will the dash harness of any 87-93 mustang connect to any body harness from 79-86. I know all the light switches and stuff are incorporated into the dash harness and plug into the body harness that runs to the rear of the car.

Put everything peice of wiring in the 83 that is from the 90. My 81 harness I took outta my 81 notch looked nothing like the 87+ harness. That thing was way different.

Put everything peice of wiring in the 83 that is from the 90. My 81 harness I took outta my 81 notch looked nothing like the 87+ harness. That thing was way different.

so im basically gona have to find a donor car to pull everything from. damn it. thanks for the reply though.

i was gonna pm you but i remembered you swapped EVERYTHING.