93-95 cobra 5.0 is it 2valve or 4valve???

• Sponsors (?)

mike keirstead said:
Do the heads have 3 lines on the front side of them. They should be vertical. Also they will say GT on the bottom edge somewhere. The 93-95 cobra' had GT-40 heads on them from the factory. Also it will have a COBRA intake.

it does have a cobra intake but as for the lines do i have to remove the intake and look at the heads to find out? also what cam comes with the cobra? also what timeing should i have it at?? if i try different timings could it mess up my engine because i bumped it down to 14 it was at 16 when i got it and seemed faster but i was told to put it at 14 should i bump it to 16 or maybe 18?

mat82284 said:
it does have a cobra intake but as for the lines do i have to remove the intake and look at the heads to find out? also what cam comes with the cobra? also what timeing should i have it at?? if i try different timings could it mess up my engine because i bumped it down to 14 it was at 16 when i got it and seemed faster but i was told to put it at 14 should i bump it to 16 or maybe 18?

The lines will be on the FRONT of the head. Where the accessories bolt on. Not the headers. The front of the motor not the side. You get me. I will try to find a pic.

Most 5.0s like 12-16 degrees of initial timing. Keep going up until it pings and then come back one or two.

mike keirstead said:
The lines will be on the FRONT of the head. Where the accessories bolt on. Not the headers. The front of the motor not the side. You get me. I will try to find a pic.

Most 5.0s like 12-16 degrees of initial timing. Keep going up until it pings and then come back one or two.

hay one more question do you know how i can test to find out what injector size i have in my car?

Attachments

• 2d_1.jpg
    2d_1.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 145
If the normal gt 5.0 were rated at 225 hp with the E7 heads and regular intake mani. the cobra engine must have really been conservative in the hp ratings because i think its only rated at 235 from the factory. I would think that the gt-40 heads and the cobra intake combined with a higher cam and bigger MAF and TB with #24 injectors, it would make a lot more than 235? sounds a little underated to me?!?!?! anyone else?

sixty9boss302 said:
If the normal gt 5.0 were rated at 225 hp with the E7 heads and regular intake mani. the cobra engine must have really been conservative in the hp ratings because i think its only rated at 235 from the factory. I would think that the gt-40 heads and the cobra intake combined with a higher cam and bigger MAF and TB with #24 injectors, it would make a lot more than 235? sounds a little underated to me?!?!?! anyone else?

Yes the cobra's were said to have 250-260 HP. Just look at 302s with Gt-40 heads, cobra intake, few minor bolt-ons. They usually dyno 230-240 rwhp.

ok thanks for the info i was told i had a cobra engine but when i bought it i didnt belive it and it was a good deal anyways but i figured what the hell theres still that 3% lol