Interior and Upholstery 93 GT Canadian instrument cluster to US

rod1026

Sep 24, 2018
MO
New to forum as I just bought wife her dream car, a 93 GT convertible. This is a Canadian car showing Km on the odometer. My question is if I swap the instrument cluster with that of a US car, will the car register miles or is the determination of mile or Km determined mechanically outside of the cluster? Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

It's stored in the actual speedometer, so you really only need to swap out the speedo, or cluster depending on what is easier for you. These cars are pretty simple so the speedo cable just turns a few gears inside the speedo head that spin and turn the odometer wheels.

It's also relatively easy to adjust the miles on these speedometers....shockingly easy. You can convert your km to miles and adjust the odometer accordingly. A few photos of the clusters with matching miles might be worth taking to keep proof the mileage is accurate.

It's stored in the actual speedometer, so you really only need to swap out the speedo, or cluster depending on what is easier for you. These cars are pretty simple so the speedo cable just turns a few gears inside the speedo head that spin and turn the odometer wheels.

It's also relatively easy to adjust the miles on these speedometers....shockingly easy. You can convert your km to miles and adjust the odometer accordingly. A few photos of the clusters with matching miles might be worth taking to keep proof the mileage is accurate.

Thanks for the information. I figured, but was not certain, a US cluster swap would be all that was needed. Thanks again