94/94 TO 96/98 Taillight Conversion ???

• Sponsors (?)

Striped5.0 said:
5.0 arent ment to pose as 4.6's :notnice:
That is a lame responce, GT's put Cobra R's on, so they are posing, GT's put Saleen peices on so they are posing too, if every Mustang that has some parts from another car was called a poser 99% of the cars on this site would be "Posers", if you like vertical get them, if you like horizontal, leave them, it is up to the owner, not you or anybody else, I just simply started that Vertical lights have been a tradition for Mustangs ever since they 1st came out. I like them both.

984.6gt said:
That is a lame responce, GT's put Cobra R's on, so they are posing, GT's put Saleen peices on so they are posing too, if every Mustang that has some parts from another car was called a poser 99% of the cars on this site would be "Posers", if you like vertical get them, if you like horizontal, leave them, it is up to the owner, not you or anybody else, I just simply started that Vertical lights have been a tradition for Mustangs ever since they 1st came out. I like them both.

calm down beavis, Im just saying Id never want anyone to think my 5.0 was a 96-98 4.6.. :notnice:

i dont think putting body pieces like a Saleen kit or Cobra front bumper, or Cobra R's on your car is posing....i think its posing when you do stuff like adding Cobra badges...or Saleen decals and stuff....aqnd truly trying to pass your car off for something else...i also dont think the 96+ tails are posing either....i just think the 94-95 guys should keep what there is on our cars that sets us apart from the 4.6 guys....

Anthony

truthfully i considered the 96-98 lights when I first got my car. the one and only reason for this was because of the ability to add the sequential flashers. the quickest and easiest way to swap in the new taillights is to also get the taillight harness from the same car

VIPERn94Five-0 said:
i also dont think the 96+ tails are posing either....i just think the 94-95 guys should keep what there is on our cars that sets us apart from the 4.6 guys....Anthony

I dident mean it in the sense of trying to convince people its a 4.6, like people do w/ saleen and cobra groud effects and badgeing. What Im saying is I wouldent want people that do know the basics about mustangs pulling up behind me at a light and saying.........Nice 4.6. :notnice: . If I dident have a 94-95 GT Id skip right to the 99+ GT b/c the 4.6 from 96-98 is my least favorite motor in recent yrs and theres no way Id want someone thinking I had one of them stuffed under my hood.

mustang90 said:
anyone have a pic of the 94 harness installed on the 96 taillight?

If someone has the 94 harness on a 96-98 light it will look exactly like the 96-98 harness, so just find a picture of that. If you cant find one and really need to see it i will take my light off and take a picture, but mine looks a little different because i have the black modulator thingy that makes the sequential. If you cant find a 3157 socket you can get these except the little circle foam peice doesnt seal the water out too good. I bought them and then decided just to cut the socket off a 96-98 harness. http://ageclassic.com/Merchant2/mer...oduct_Code=055-ML-9495CONVER&Category_Code=06

Striped5.0 said:
I dident mean it in the sense of trying to convince people its a 4.6, like people do w/ saleen and cobra groud effects and badgeing. What Im saying is I wouldent want people that do know the basics about mustangs pulling up behind me at a light and saying.........Nice 4.6. :notnice: . If I dident have a 94-95 GT Id skip right to the 99+ GT b/c the 4.6 from 96-98 is my least favorite motor in recent yrs and theres no way Id want someone thinking I had one of them stuffed under my hood.
id personally take the 96-98 cars over the new ones cuz i think the 94-98 body style is the better looking by far....give me a 98 Cobra over a 99+ anyday.....

Anthony

That is a lame responce, GT's put Cobra R's on, so they are posing, GT's put Saleen peices on so they are posing too, if every Mustang that has some parts from another car was called a poser 99% of the cars on this site would be "Posers", if you like vertical get them, if you like horizontal, leave them, it is up to the owner, not you or anybody else, I just simply started that Vertical lights have been a tradition for Mustangs ever since they 1st came out. I like them both

Well said.

I think the only stupid thing is when people try and pass off there GT as a cobra or saleen. Hey its cool if they have the full 96-98cobra body( like i do), but when someone asks you if its a cobra just say no its a gt..

Hey everyone, you have to back down on 984.6gt. This isn't the 4.6L talk form. If you know what I meen then you know the internet fights they have over there. He's just showing the opinion of the 4.6 crowd.

Personally I think the 96-98 taillights look better. Even though I started a poll and voted for the horizontals, I just think even though they look better, its one of those things that shouldn't be changed. The 94-95 cars are the only cars with the horizontals(I think).

(Flame Suit ON) Plus why the heck would you wanna represent one of the slowest years of mustang ever made. LOL Just kidding BTW (Friend just got a 96 cobra with 5000 miles on it and I can beat him because he cant drive stick worth a chit)

Body kits are kool, just as long as its the full body kit. Not like, cobra front, saleen back, xeonon(or whatever its called) side skirts. Ya know what I meen.

Dan.

Striped5.0 said:
I b/c the 4.6 from 96-98 is my least favorite motor in recent yrs and theres no way Id want someone thinking I had one of them stuffed under my hood.
I see you keep trying to make cuts at the 96-98 and I have to ask why, it is just as fast as a 5.0 from the factory, it looks THE EXACT same, except it came with a nicer 17" wheels, and a better tranny. So what do you hate about them so much? Mine is now running 13.774 with Pullies, Filter, X-Pipe, Mufflers and a Chip some guy GAVE me at the track, I am not trying to start ****, but you show me ONE 94-95 on this board that is running those times with that little amount of mods and stock gears. I doubt there are any, and if there are, they are not much faster than me. And if you are gonna try and say it is becuse the 5.0 has more aftermarket parts I understand, but I can go to a junkyard, find some 99+ Heads, ahve them ported and be pushing damn near 300rwhp for not much money at all, like I said I am not trying to start ****, and I LOVE 94-95 GT's, probrally my favorite Mustang of all time, but why do you talk down on them like they are so horrible. And for anybody trying to turn this into a 4.6 vs. 50 flame fest, please don't, I have NO intentions on starting such an argument, just trying to figure out where this guy is coming from with his comments.

BTW: If I had a 94-95 I would leave the tailights. Just to let you guys know.

I see you keep trying to make cuts at the 96-98 and I have to ask why, it is just as fast as a 5.0 from the factory, it looks THE EXACT same, except it came with a nicer 17" wheels, and a better tranny. So what do you hate about them so much? Mine is now running 13.774 with Pullies, Filter, X-Pipe, Mufflers and a Chip some guy GAVE me at the track, I am not trying to start ****, but you show me ONE 94-95 on this board that is running those times with that little amount of mods and stock gears. I doubt there are any, and if there are, they are not much faster than me. And if you are gonna try and say it is becuse the 5.0 has more aftermarket parts I understand, but I can go to a junkyard, find some 99+ Heads, ahve them ported and be pushing damn near 300rwhp for not much money at all, like I said I am not trying to start ****, and I LOVE 94-95 GT's, probrally mt favorite Mustang of all time, but why do you talk down on them like they are so horrible.

Im not doubting your times, but i thought on ur old "sig" it said you had 4.10 gears :shrug:

yellow1995Cobra said:
Im not doubting your times, but i thought on ur old "sig" it said you had 4.10 gears :shrug:
I did, but about a year ago my old motor failed on me due to nitrous, so I went to a junkyard and found another 98 motor with a rear and tranny for $800. They had just over 28k on them, so I decided to swap them out at the same time I put the new motor in, but the guys at the dealership wanted another $400 to take the 4.10's out and put them in the new rear, so in a way I got screwed, I also had FMS Shortie Headers on the old motor too, but they would not put those on either. I still have the parts in my garage, and plan to re-install them. But I am HAPPY right now considering I am running faster than I did with them, without them. Here is a copy of the timeslip just in case anybody DOES have doubts.

fa415604.jpg

I did, but about a year ago my old motor failed on me due to nitrous, so I went to a junkyard and found another 98 motor with a rear and tranny for $800. They had just over 28k on them, so I decided to swap them out at the same time I put the new motor in, but the guys at the dealership wanted another $400 to take the 4.10's out and put them in the new rear, so in a way I got screwed, I also had FMS Shortie Headers on the old motor too, but they would not put those on either. I still have the parts in my garage, and plan to re-install them. But I am HAPPY right now considering I am running faster than I did with them, without them. Here is a copy of the timeslip just in case anybody DOES have doubts.

Ahh i see, nice run :nice:

Also, what exactly failed on the motor? How much n20 were you pushing? I have a friend with a 98 gt running a 125 dry shot, anything he should watch out for?

VIPERn94Five-0 said:
id personally take the 96-98 cars over the new ones cuz i think the 94-98 body style is the better looking by far....give me a 98 Cobra over a 99+ anyday.....
Anthony

Saying you would take the 96-98 over the newer ones is NOT the same as wanting a 98 cobra over the 99+. The Cobra 98 was a nice car. The 96-97 GT's were :bs: :notnice:

I like the newer stangs, especially with the separate looking hood scoop piece and the bullit rims..BUT yeah, a 98 Cobra is a nice vehicle!
RC

94GTLaserRC said:
The 96-97 GT's were :bs: :notnice:

IRC
Why, they are not that different thatn 94-95 GT's, Both look IDENTICAL, so it is not looks you don't like, both dyno high 190's low 200's stock so it can't be power, both can make about 300rwhp for about $3,000( Heads, Cams, Longtubes) so what is it you guys hate so much about them. Again I am not flaming, just wondering. The only thing is that the 5.0 can make a little more power using bolt-ons then the 96-98's can. But that is not by much AT ALL. They both sound great, some say the 302 sounds better, and some say the Mod Motor produces a more aggresive tone, but both sides agree they both soud great. So what is it guys, I have a buddy with a set up similar to yours RC except using the 4.6L, he has ported PI heads, and a Bullit Intake, and a Vortech S-Trim@10psi, he is making just over 430rwhp and spent about $5000. How much power do you make? And how much did you spend? I am honestly wondering, not trying to argue. I guess I give up, I can't figure out why you guys hate the 4.6L so much, but oh well, I love you cars, they are the original SN95, but both are nice cars in my mind.

984.6gt said:
Why, they are not that different than 94-95 GT's, .... not trying to argue. I guess I give up, .

Not trying to argue???...That is the biggest crock of :bs: I have ever heard.!!

984.6gt said:
..... I am not trying to start ****, .... like I said I am not trying to start ****,

You are ALWAYS coming into this forum and starting :bs: arguments with everyone. There is not a thread on here with a post from you that is starting some $hit!

Youre comparing my car to someone's 96/97, power and price? You can make ANY car go fast...What my statement referred to is the STOCK 96/97's being the prototype Ford BS blunder 4.6 engine, not the look of the car, the whole car itself. They improved them in 98, and are now pretty decent motors...that's all.

RC