94 Engine Swap

Natef53

Apr 4, 2007
I have a 94' v6 that needs a new engine. I have been browsing on here and havn't found a definite answer so I was hoping someone could help me out.

From what I believe I read on here, I should be able to directly swap in obviously another 94/95 v6 OR something from a 96-99 should be okay as well, in terms of basically just dropping it in without changing everything?

I found a 97 v6 with 40k miles on it for 600 bucks, so from what I read I believe that it should just drop in but I wanted to get an all clear from you guys before I bought it.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

everytime i hear about someone buying a used motor whether it be from a private sale or junkyard they all seem to have 40-60thousand miles and
under a grand.
when was the last time you saw any 97 car with 40k nevermind one that doesnt need its motor anymore..mabye your grandmothers car but she doesnt drive a v6 mustang does she?
im not saying its impossible.. hey if the motor is still in the car you got some sort of proof, but if its sitting on a shelf or the ground and the car is nowhere to be found i would bet the milage is double that or higher..just be careful is all im saying.. the last thing you want to do is install a motor that doesnt run or has something broken or worn out in it....

Yeah, im not too worried about the validity of the engine and its history. My dad is friends with the guy who owns the yard and I have seen the car with the engine in it.
All I have heard so far is that I will need to switch out the K member to put a 97 in the car. Is there anything else anyone can think of that will need to be changed?

-Thanks for your help guys/girls