94 gt aftermarket radio upgrade help

Makdaddymac

May 28, 2005
orlando
hey all,
just curious about how to work with this 94 gt that has a cassette and cd player on seprate decks? it works but the volum down button is broken. is there a way to remove them and just put in a aftermarket adapter and wire up a aftermarket deck in....or am i going to have problems, it has the mach system btw? and i want to run a sub, is eveything just as normal, just run your ground,rcas,remote and 12v and you got bass?? or what cause im sure there is an amp somwhere what to do? where to start?
im sure a good aftermarket head unit can power the interior speakers right?

• Sponsors (?)

(finally something I know anything about! :D)

I had the same system in my 'stang- you will have no problems with most any aftermarket head unit, but the stock CD unit (bottom one) will not work anymore- no biggie any new head will have one.

You can take the old CD unit out and do any number of things-
-swap in a holder from a later model stang (and maybe 94/95 w/o the mach system, I think?)
-swap in a delete panel from any place that sells stereos (single DIN)
-swap in a switch panel from any number of places
-go big like me and install a carputer with a 7" touchscreen custom mounted in the dash :D

The mach system will play nicely, and any head will power the mach just fine (it has its own amp anyways). Just make sure you get all the harnesses from whoever you get your stereo from - (I recommend crutchfield).

Adding an amp+sub is the same as for any other car.

All in all you should have no problems, so long as you get the correct wiring harnesses (which should be easy for any reputable stereo sales place).

-Michael