94 V6 question

S351R"Animal"

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Dec 3, 2002
Manhattan, KS
Has anyone here ever had the cam sensor go bad? What were the symptoms? My car has weak or no spark at all. Its not enough spark to fire a cylinder. I've replaced the coil pack, wires, plugs, and the crank sensor. I tried to pull codes from the computer but, it only showed P1000. The guy I got it from had just put new heads on it and afterwards this is what happened.

• Sponsors (?)

there are several grounds in the engine compartment. the ground i'm refering to is the ECU, Ign. Mod. etc ground. according to the schematic, it comes from the battery NEG to the chassis, that connection point at the chassis is where the the ground circuit i'm talking about is. it will go through a connector in the same area and the wire will be Bk/W.

since the MIL is on during crank. check voltage at the DLC (Data Link Connector) Pin # 13(i believe it's a purple wire about center on the short side of the connector) and Ground with key ON.

is there more than 9 volts?? if so, there is a short to power in the wire.

if not, check resistance between ground and ICM pin#4 Bk/W wire. should be less than 5 Ohms. also, check resistance between ICM Pin#9 O/R and ECU Pin#23 should be below 5 Ohms.