95 Stang EGR/Smog Pump connector at Cat's

95LRGT

Sep 26, 2007
Hello everyone in Mustang Land, I have a 95 GT that I just changed out my clutch to a King Cobra, as well a new flywheel, everything went as smooth as can be except for one thing..........that joint for the EGR valve or smog pump that occurs just above the last 2 cats where the 1 tube from each cat travels upward and join with each other to create 1, then that 1 tube fits into another tube that goes back towards the engine. There is a small clamp that crimps the tubes together it tough to remove, so tough for me in fact I had to SAWZALL it off :lol: My problem now is that the tubes are too short to be reconnected........my question to all is:

has anyone come across something to this situation and how did you resolve it? What did you use to seal up this gap?
can this tube be bypassed without affecting the driveability?

The tube faces are pretty much touching each other, but they are not long enough to be reinserted into 1 another. I'm thinking I can put some exhaust tape to keep the gases flowing...........What do you guys think.

I have typed enough, I'll let yall take over.
Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

braided hose, not a bad idea, but the gap from the ending of one tube is so close to the beginning of the other, I think I may just go with that Exhaust tape that hardens like metal, that way the gases still flow and this stuff holds up to the temps produced.

Thanks for the responses........I'm still open to more suggestions peeps!

I also have a heavy duty rubber hose on mine.

IMHO it depends on the mid pipe you get. My stock air tube, and the air tube from my BBK catted x were no where close to lining up. I have heard that the Bassani's and alike line up good.

I guess you get what you pay for...