98 cobra with an '03 6 speed????

JohnDoe98Cobra

May 17, 2005
Montreal
Ok, well i was wondering how big of a job it would be to put an '03 6 speed tanny which im not sure what kind of transmission its actually called, but anyways, yeh.. i have a 98 cobra with the stock 5 speed it came with.. and i wanna put 4.10's with a 6 speed? is that possible and if so how big of a job and also is that gear ratio and transmission a good combo? Especialy if i wanna supercharge soon?

• Sponsors (?)

the 6 speed is a Tremec T56. you can put it in your car. it will require the trans brace and a few other misc items to swap over.

if you plan on going forced induction, wait until after you get blown to decide on gears. 4.10's and a 6speed will suck on a supercharged car unless you have an awesome rear end setup and like shifting every couple seconds.

JohnDoe98Cobra said:
i see...
so in that case.. if i swap the trans to a 6 speed, and i do plan on supercharging.. what kinda gears should i be looking at??

it all depends on how much power you are making and how well your rear tires hook up. keep the stock gears until after the supercharger, then you can decide what's best for your car.