99 GT - better connecting rods?

Posting this for my one buddy.

I know nothing about the modular stuff. [sorry]

Anyways, he has a 1999 GT [all black anniversary edition w/ leather - beautiful car] and he's already got a Vortech [i think it's a V-1 SQ??] w/ aftercooler on it along w/ 42 lb injectors etc, etc... motor is internally stock.

It made a little over over 400 HP to the wheels [went for a few dyno tunes at Lidios] but ended up screwing something up he thinks happend because he was beating on the car before he got it dynoed.. & so it just got worse and worse to the point where it has bad blow by.. & some smoke..

He wants to just do the whole bottom end this winter and build it properly so he can not worry about breaking anything and make alot more HP.

He wants to know if: He use the same connecting rods that the 2003-2004 4.6 32v Supercharged Cobras came with? He's going to buy forged pistons... but.. will his stock crankshaft work with Cobra connecting rods????? [weren't they Manley H beams w/ ARP bolts stock in Cobras - thats nuts]

Thanks a bunch!!!!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

get CHP 5.1L stroker kit. mine is in process of breaking in rite now, even though i am off the boost, i feel very strong pull everytime i go to 3000 rpm. i let u guys know the number when i have my car broken in and dyno tuned