9psi kb

blazehaaze

May 14, 2007
so i talked to a guy from kenne bell yesterday and asked him about running the maximum psi on stock internals and he told me 8, i asked him how 9 would hold up n he said find with the kb throttlebody, big tube, boost-a-pump etc but dont go any higher. i was just wonderin if there is anyone on here runnin 9psi on stock internals and does it seem fine?

• Sponsors (?)

so i talked to a guy from kenne bell yesterday and asked him about running the maximum psi on stock internals and he told me 8, i asked him how 9 would hold up n he said find with the kb throttlebody, big tube, boost-a-pump etc but dont go any higher. i was just wonderin if there is anyone on here runnin 9psi on stock internals and does it seem fine?

i bought the kb intercooled 9psi kit along with the kb big tube, tb and 90mm meter and it came with larger injectors and a smaller pulley. i was told by the salesman that with the options i picked a 10psi pulley would be needed to make certain that i make the full 9psi. car still has the stock internals, it ended up making 11psi and still no problems with the stock engine internals.

i sold the car to a friend that has a heavy foot, btw.

yea so its pretty much what i figured, the tune is key, ive been searchin around on the net and cant find anyone on here that is in the new england area. im also in iraq at so it doesnt help things. i appreciate the info though. i am also thinking about doin cams but ive read ups and downs to having them, i dont really have the money to do heads is it still worth it? thanks again guys

Do you have a tuner like SCt or anything yet? When I worked at Brenspeed they would have people ship their cars to him for dyno tunes, or you may want to just buy a tuner and a mail order tune until you can get it to a dyno. He has done tons of KB installs and tunes. Give him a call I am sure they can hook you up. 574-594-9559. They are in indiana. They also have a website with pictures of cars they have done, and a ton of parts and information. www.brenspeed.com

no i havnt bought a tune, all i have bbk lt's, bbk x, flows, b&m short throw, and jlt cai, i am just gonna buy the $800 chip upgrade maf, tb, cool tube etc....will an xct make a difference over the kb program?