A Bra For A GT With Mach 1 Spoiler - Does Anyone Have One?

SilverStallion

Founding Member
Mar 26, 2000
Ontario, Canada
I am looking to get a bra for my 2000 Mustang GT show car that has a Mach 1 spoiler on it. After driving 7.5 hours down and 7.5 back to FFW Norwalk, I am just taking too many risks with the finish on my ride.

Anyone who knows if there is a bra that will fit, please advise. I would only run it on the hwy to and from shows...not daily.

Thanks.
~Darren

• Sponsors (?)

Check out http://www.carbras.com/ford.htm. They don't show it on their website but, I do believe they make one for the Mach 1 which would also fit a GT with a Mach 1 chin spoiler. Give them a call and they should be able to let you know if they still make it.

I have one of their bras on my GT and the fit is perfect. I do have a Mach 1 chin spoiler on my GT but, I take it off when I need to put the bra on as I only use the bra for road trips or when I know I am going to be going through road construction. Here is SC they have a nasty habit of using loose gravel for road repairs and leaving it there for months on end before they come back and put asphalt over it.

2760frontquarterzymol.jpg

Regardless of what people say you can use a car bra without damaging your paint if you follow a few simple rules.

1. Get a bra that fits the car well, an ill fitting bra will rub the paint causing wear.
2. Never leave it on after it has gotten wet, take it off and let it dry before putting it back on.
3. Remove it once a month or so and thoroughly clean it inside and out and give the paint under the bra a good cleaning and a nice coat of wax.

As I said, I only use the bra for road trips or when I know I am going to be driving through road construction. I am going to be replacing my hood and bumper with aftermarket pieces and when they are painted I will be putting on a clear bra but, I will probably still use the vinyl bra the same way I do now for extra protection.