A couple shots from NHRA Nationals

Emay

Oct 4, 2006
South Elgin, IL
Got a chance to use a 400mm canon prime. (6500.00 lens retail) Rented it with a few friends for next to nothing from Calumet photo and used it at the NHRA Nationals here at Route 66 Raceway. Here's a couple of shots from 3/4 way up the stands and down track at about 900ft mark and I was still too close as the Top fuel dragsters barely fit in frame:

Check out the tire wrinkle nabbed in this one-
View attachment 314873

View attachment 314874

View attachment 314875

View attachment 314876

I'll get a few 200mm shots up later on as well..

• Sponsors (?)

Dark, we had to put 6500.00 on hold for full face value of the lens on a credit card in order to use it. It's immediately refunded when the lens is returned, but it's a big outlay on the card..

Oh! LoL. Nevermind. I would never carry a car with that much available. I'd dig myself a hole rather quickly.

You can get your hands on the lesser value lenses and the authorization total would be less.

Calumet offers pretty much the entire canon line, by the way studion lighting rental is available as well.

Here's their rental home page: http://www.calumetphoto.com/rental

I know your far from any of their stores, but if you ever take a vacation and do a week long rental it may be worth while to stop in there.

I'm going to rent a 10-22 super wide to see if I like the thing enough to make a physical purchase in the future.