AArrrgggg, the tires I ordered are on back order :nonono:

DC-GT

Nov 25, 2003
AArrrgggg, the tires I ordered are on back order

Heya, I know I know, another tire question. My problem is that I like the GS-D3 (sp) or the BFG KD's and both are back ordered till like Feb. Should I get the Nitto 555R's?

I am looking at getting the 275/40/17 and 315/35/17's.

Bo

• Sponsors (?)

scheister said:
I've heard that Nittos are very good too. I would go with the Nittos.
LOL, I am sure they will work fine and do some serious "hook-up" but I am afraid of hooking them to 400+ HP without working the drivetrain. If they had a smily face that looked like a chicken I would put it here, lol.

Bo

Just don't drop the air pressure down extremely low and you'll be fine with DR's on the stock setup. At least I have been. I've got BFG DR's 315/35/17's on the rear and I still spin them like crazy at the track. On the street they hook pretty good. Who are you looking at to buy from?

get the nitto's, but don't speed shift, and it'll be all good... get a shifter to better protect the trans and the rear end in there isn't to shabby... you'll probley burn out the clutch eventually regardless of what kind of tires you use... try a Spec II clutch when that happens.

SmithAtlanta said:
Just don't drop the air pressure down extremely low and you'll be fine with DR's on the stock setup. At least I have been. I've got BFG DR's 315/35/17's on the rear and I still spin them like crazy at the track. On the street they hook pretty good. Who are you looking at to buy from?
Good idea!

**edit** I am still searching around but I am fiinding the 275/45/17s for about 160 and the 315/35/17s for about 180. Are those good prices?

Bo

tontot77 said:
get the nitto's, but don't speed shift, and it'll be all good... get a shifter to better protect the trans and the rear end in there isn't to shabby... you'll probley burn out the clutch eventually regardless of what kind of tires you use... try a Spec II clutch when that happens.
So I need to let the clutch grab before I hammer it?

Bo

I guess so but I haven't looked at how much Nitto's cost. I would look into getting some tires with similar aspect ratios(the 35 in 315/35/17) if you can. I would go with the 275/40/17's just so the sidewall height looks closer. Is there any reason why you like the KD over the KDW or KDWS? Is it the styling?

SmithAtlanta said:
I guess so but I haven't looked at how much Nitto's cost. I would look into getting some tires with similar aspect ratios(the 35 in 315/35/17) if you can. I would go with the 275/40/17's just so the sidewall height looks closer. Is there any reason why you like the KD over the KDW or KDWS? Is it the styling?
The dry traction is near drag radial quality. I was trying to get the best of both worlds. Several folks have told me that the 555R's are just fine so I think I will go that route.

Tom