About other car forums

• Sponsors (?)

That's what is great about living in America. We have 31 flavors to choose from. I personally like "rice" and think there is a place for it. I just happen to american muscle that much more and went that direction. Don't discount rice cars because there are plenty of monsters out there. My friends tell me that the fastest cars out at the track and autoX are modded Minis.

I like most genre of cars. If I had the coin I'd be driving a modded German luxo.

I do love my Stang.

I say enjoy it all. :D

I would be more afraid of an srt-4 since all you need to make 400+whp on these things are a $2000 turbo upgrade and a $1000 for the supporting fuel mods. Not to mention the fact they weigh almost 500 lbs. lighter than a mustang. Not bashing the mustang since i traded my 04 srt-4 in for an 05 gt since fwd is for the birds and too hard to get it to hook up, but to beat that kind of performance your gonna have to have more than just a saleen blower or procharger, and pray that you race from a stop and not a roll. But with what im planning on doing to my gt im not worried about them in the least.

kfddakota said:
I would be more afraid of an srt-4 since all you need to make 400+whp on these things are a $2000 turbo upgrade and a $1000 for the supporting fuel mods. Not to mention the fact they weigh almost 500 lbs. lighter than a mustang. Not bashing the mustang since i traded my 04 srt-4 in for an 05 gt since fwd is for the birds and too hard to get it to hook up, but to beat that kind of performance your gonna have to have more than just a saleen blower or procharger, and pray that you race from a stop and not a roll. But with what im planning on doing to my gt im not worried about them in the least.

dunno about that. all i had when i went with my friend was a JLT CAI and SCT Tune - 93 Octane. he had somethin like $3000 worth of work in his srt-4 and i still beat him by a car, and we both spun hard. hes running 19lbs of boost and is only running a 13.5
:lol:
-mike

the thing is, the subaru's and all those evo's and whatnot are over 30k. the sti is a fast car, it might even beat a mustang i dont know but i dont really care. the thing is it is already modded from the factory. its already force fed. i mean what else are you going to do to the car? ok you can get a STI for like 31 give or take, you can get a mustang for 26 or 27. just spend 4 k on mods for a mustang and then you will see a proper comparo between the two. The mustang is N/A which means it just hasnt been force fed yet. which means who cares about the STI weighing less. WHen a mustang can be making over 4-500 rwhp with a conservative tune and running under 6lbs of boost from a supercharger i dont think 500 lbs is going to compensate for the STI's I-4 engine.. whats the saying? "No replacement for displacement" yeah thats the one. its why subaru's are not as fast as mustangs(can be) and mustangs will never be faster than a GTO. i mean its just the bigger engines have more possibilities at a lower boost level. why push 28lbs of boost instead of getting a v8? makes no sense to me. i dunno maby im just factoring in the longevity of these parts. what would you go with? 4lbs of boost from a saleen supercharger? or 25 on a honda? lol yeah it was rhetorical.

Sy

Sanctus said:
i mean what else are you going to do to the car? ok you can get a STI for like 31 give or take, you can get a mustang for 26 or 27. just spend 4 k on mods for a mustang and then you will see a proper comparo between the two.

why does everyone throw out "if i had the 4k difference in mods i would own you".....thats like me saying "fine take your 4k dump it into the stang...then lets race in the snow":bang: .

trust me bub there is quite a bit left in the stock sti motor to make damn good hp and torque(yes i know its not v8 torque). im not trying to belittle the stang but there really is no "proper comparo" between the two cars. they are completely different cars. i guess we can have pissing matches about who goes faster in the 1/4 or whatever but it is really just pointless. you bought your mustang for your own reasons, same for me and my subaru(i do however still own a mustang).just have fun with your cars folks

Sanctus said:
STI's I-4 engine..

its an H-4....thats why subaru's actually have some torque

laters,
shaun h