? about replacing Cd player

cruisinV6

Mar 16, 2003
SE Minnesota
laright, well now that the stock Sony CD player decided to crap out on me, and it would cost a couple hundred bucks to fix i guess, i was planing on buying a new Pioneer head unit. Now since Ford makes it hard on us and the CD palyer and radio are seperate, what do i do with the extra space. I dont want a cubby hole, i think they dumb, and i want a much cleaner look. So what do all of you that change the units do?

• Sponsors (?)

Although pricey, I have seen single din size CD changers that would fit in there. They have been hard to find though, they usually are 1.5 or 2 din or not even in-dash at all.

options

cruisinV6 said:
laright, well now that the stock Sony CD player decided to crap out on me, and it would cost a couple hundred bucks to fix i guess, i was planing on buying a new Pioneer head unit. Now since Ford makes it hard on us and the CD palyer and radio are seperate, what do i do with the extra space. I dont want a cubby hole, i think they dumb, and i want a much cleaner look. So what do all of you that change the units do?

You can get a kit from Scosche that has a 4-cd pocket instead of just the cubbyhole. I don't know what year you have, but for 2001 and up the part# is SKFD22-4. Other models are can be viewed here!
happy hunting

I've got a 99. Is the 01 + a single piece, the CD player and radio? Cuz mine is two seperate parts, a CD player and then the radio controls. So i am looking for something to cover the extra spot since any aftermarket deck is a radio and CD player combined. will i also need one of those face plate thingys to make the deck fit the factory hole in the dash, or is it a direct fit?