AC and Injector offsets vs Batt volts=KAMs rich,lean,rich,lean

Methodical

Dec 1, 2003
Clinton, MD
OK here goes. Yesterday, I was datalogging with the AC running to see if I needed to make changes to the Injector Offset vs Battery voltage. What I noticed in my datalogged is when I turned the AC on the KAMs immediately went above 1 or became leaner. When I turned the AC off the KAMs immediately dropped back to normal (at an idle). So now I think I see the connection between battery voltage and the injector offset. It seems that with the AC on the battery voltage drops and the injectors pulse less, which equal less fuel to air ration and causes a lean condition and vice versa. Now what puzzled me is that when I open the datalog in EA, EA recommended very minimal changes, which the Tweecer will not take - it just reverts back to the stock numbers.

Also, I datalogged with all accessories on and yet still EA still suggested minimal changes. So should I believe that the stock figures are best for my tune?

Help me. Am I understanding this correctly or I am off in left field.

Thanks for any help

• Sponsors (?)

I speak from using V1.20 and cbaza j4j1 background when I say ...

You can not just pick any offset value as CalEdit will have none of that.

You gotta go in about .035 intervals IIRC or something like that.

I could spend a lot of time on how those offsets can make you get all :bang:

But since you know they are a value that you can fine tune and you understand the basics of how they function :nice:

you're way ahead of me when they were hosing around with my tune YET I knew nothing about them :rlaugh:

Your batt voltage varies WAY more than you think it does. My 95 took about 30 to 45 mins to stabilize from a cold start up.

What tipped me off to the fact they even existed was I was out late one afternoon and got caught in a little shower so I had ac, headlights, wipers going and the K's we way off from the norm :eek:

I had to think about it a bit :scratch: but then the data showed voltage variance had to be the source of all my frustration :D

The offsets can help with a nasty spike or dip in the K's you can't seem to kill.

Good luck and just remember you can't make those K's hug the line under 100% of the conditions you drive around in.

Grady