AC & PS - To Delete .... Or Not?

SeventyMach1

Keep it lubed .... keep it straight .... and keep
Mar 30, 2005
North Carolina
AC

Been tossing up the idea of deleting all the AC crap. For those of you that HAVE, how often do you drive your car? I've had problems with mine alot in the past .... so I would at least eliminate that. Temps. in the summer CAN get close to 100* here. The hottest summer days here are around 95*, though. The killer here in the south is the humidity. Sometimes you can walk outside & instantly start sweating. Most of my summer driving is done in the evenings when it is a little cooler, but I just don't know if I REALLY want to do it yet or not.

PS

I will eventually do the PS, too and throw in a manual rack. Those of you that HAVE, I'd like to get a little feedback on your thoughts of it. Is it suitable for daily driving? (not that my car is a DD .... just inquiring)

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah i did away with the ac when i swapped my engine. missed the cold air alot but liked how much cleaner the engine bay looked. saved some weight too i guess. i also drive mine to work everyday. longtubes under my feet 100dg weather, man i am pretty much well done. i'm used to it now so it doesnt bother me anymore. good way to keep friends from bumming rides too.
thinking about the ps delete too.

Mine didn't work for about a year or so before I decided to trace it down to a faulty low pressure switch. Chicago summers definitely wouldn't be as brutal as yours, but I was much relieved when the AC worked again. There's nothing like a hot summer evening when I wanted to take my Mustang to work, only to get to work smelling like sweat because I had no AC.

SeventyMach1 said:
AC

Been tossing up the idea of deleting all the AC crap. For those of you that HAVE, how often do you drive your car? I've had problems with mine alot in the past .... so I would at least eliminate that. Temps. in the summer CAN get close to 100* here. The hottest summer days here are around 95*, though. The killer here in the south is the humidity. Sometimes you can walk outside & instantly start sweating. Most of my summer driving is done in the evenings when it is a little cooler, but I just don't know if I REALLY want to do it yet or not.

PS

I will eventually do the PS, too and throw in a manual rack. Those of you that HAVE, I'd like to get a little feedback on your thoughts of it. Is it suitable for daily driving? (not that my car is a DD .... just inquiring)

DONT delete the P.S. Everyone I know that did it hated it cause too hard to drive car and takes the enjoyment out of it. If I lived where you are I might keep thte a/c but I removed it when I swapped engine. It's a nice way to loose 40 pounds and room in the engine bay!!

O and my car is a 3rd car so I dont usually drive it in seering heat anyway but nights were just fine.

I ditched my AC but my car is a nice weather car, so hence 90+ temps are not nice weather. If the stang is not your dd and you're having problems with the AC, then I'd ditch it. Plus you can get about $200 selling the components on eBay.

As far as PS, I've never driven a manual rack Mustang, but I don't think I would go manual on a mostly street driven car.

A/C delete is not so bad if u dunt mind sweating every now n then
im from NY so it gets pretttyy hot n humid in the summer but i didnt have too many probs so ye go for it and as for the PS - DONT TOUCH IT
a friend of mine has a 94GT with no PS its horrible!!!
its a real workout when you have to park n if u lik drivin nuts on the highway, it gets hard to get it to turn back n forth really quick besides the gains are so minimal with the delete that ...its pointless unless ur goin ona track

I used my stang as a dd for 2-3 years and only used the a/c about 5 times total. Yeah, it can get rather warm in there at times, but I didn't think it was worth leaving the a/c on my car for the 1 or 2 times a year I want to use it.

My only experience without p/s was in my '85 RX7. It was rough at first, but after a couple weeks I loved it. But, that's in a sub-2500# car. With our heavy ass cars I would leave the p/s on unless you're running some really narrow tires up front.

Ive never had ac in my cars except the 03 i had. Is deffinatly not necessary up here..

I also tossed the PS for now. I will probably run skinnies 100% of the time so having a quick ratio manual rack should be just fine. I did alot of searching on the corral and most people seemed to like it.. Its still a hard choice to make... Just keep all you PS stuff incase you change your mind!

i would never delete my a/c. even if i don't use it much, when i need it, i need it. like when a summer rain comes unexpectedly and it is hot and humid and you can't put the windows down because of the rain and the inside of the car is getting all fogged up because it is so humid. you are screwed without a/c.

but i'm one of those people who believe a car is made to be driven. after all, it is my stang, i love it, i want to drive it, show it off, not have it sitting at home while i'm driving a piece of crap because the weather isn't nice enough.

if i get to the point where i think the car i love is too nice to drive, then i might as well hang it up because i'm done. the only exception is ice and snow and salty roads because the salt can actually corrode stuff and gobs of torque on a rwd can cause the car to go out of control too easily.

i deleted my a/c when i was having the motor built and putting the blower on. i figured it would be a good time to ditch it since the motor was out and i was putting the fluidyne in so i had access to the condenser to ditch that also. the p/s i ditched after the a/c. i would not recommend ditching the power steering on a daily driven car. with the manual rack at speed the steering feels fine but at low speeds and turns it can be a pain, but not terrible. i run 255's in the front with those heavy-ass 17x9 03 cobra wheels so i imagine it would be easier for someone running skinnies. with no a/c i basically sweat if its really hot, but its the price u pay. now, the reason why its a little more practical on my car versus the next guy is because i barely drive my car. for somebody who drives 60 miles a day it might be a nightmare, depending on what u can handle. i do love how it cleans up the engine bay though, that is definetly a plus. i think the weight savings has to be around 50lbs as well. heres a pic of my car with all the deletes:
View attachment 422675
View attachment 422677