Adapter Fitting for Autometer Mechanical Water Temp gauge?

Discussion in 'Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech' started by BlackFox5.0, Dec 8, 2003.

  1. I just got an Autometer mechnical water temp gauge and I need to know what size the fitting has to be to go into the intake so I can buy one....I will be mounting it where the stock sensor it 3/8" or 1/2"? Also can I just go down to Home Depot, and get the adapter fitting, or is does it have to be from Autometer? The fitting on thier site look like standard plumbing fittings :shrug:
  2. my guage came with the proper fittings, 3 to be exact. I belive I used the middle sized one. Really easy to pull the stocker and check, it's on the lower intake right behind the AC compresser
  3. You'll have to get the right adapter. The hole is 3/8ths pipe thread but you need a crush fitting to work. I think they are only $6 or something, any autometer dealer should have them.
  4. I am going to go to my local speed shop tomorrow I think, my friend got his there, I just wanted to see if it was something I could get at home depot, but it isn't

    I need some kind of 3/8" to 3/8" adapter... weird....