After market cam or no?

Madness7645

Jun 19, 2019
Tampa Bay
Hey there! Below is a quick clip of my car at idle. I was hoping to cheat a bit and let some of you mustang veterans tell me what you think. Does it sound like it has an aftermarket cam shaft?

To me, it idol's so high I can't tell. I thought maybe it idles like that because of the supercharger and tune. I'm limited with the video I can send, depending on my wife until I'm back on country.

Any help and feedback would be great. If this video won't cut it, I can try and get another.

Thanks so much!

View: https://youtu.be/adW649JTOHU

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds damn good to me!
you could do a base idle reset on it, the procedure is spelled out in the 'surging idle checklist' you will find that in the technical/how to thread in the fox tech forum main page

Reactions: 1 user
Hey there! Below is a quick clip of my car at idle. I was hoping to cheat a bit and let some of you mustang veterans tell me what you think. Does it sound like it has an aftermarket cam shaft?

To me, it idol's so high I can't tell. I thought maybe it idles like that because of the supercharger and tune. I'm limited with the video I can send, depending on my wife until I'm back on country.

Any help and feedback would be great. If this video won't cut it, I can try and get another.

Thanks so much!

View: https://youtu.be/adW649JTOHU

You guys with idle/stall problems could save a lot of time chasing your tails if you would go through the Surging Idle Checklist. Over 50 different people contributed information to it. The first two posts have all the fixes, and steps through the how to find and fix your idle problems without spending a lot of time and money. It includes how to dump the computer codes quickly and simply as one of the first steps. I continue to update it as more people post fixes or ask questions. You can post questions to that sticky and have your name and idle problem recognized. The guys with original problems and fixes get their posts added to the main fix. :D

It's free, I don't get anything for the use of it except knowing I helped a fellow Mustang enthusiast with his car. At last check, it had more than 250,000 hits, which indicates it does help fix idle problems quickly and inexpensively.

Reactions: 2 users
I just posted a new thread explaining my entire situation with this car. Any advice / input would be very welcome and much appreciated! Thank you for the info and response. I will get the current RPM at idle from my wife asap

You guys with idle/stall problems could save a lot of time chasing your tails if you would go through the Surging Idle Checklist. Over 50 different people contributed information to it. The first two posts have all the fixes, and steps through the how to find and fix your idle problems without spending a lot of time and money. It includes how to dump the computer codes quickly and simply as one of the first steps. I continue to update it as more people post fixes or ask questions. You can post questions to that sticky and have your name and idle problem recognized. The guys with original problems and fixes get their posts added to the main fix. :D

It's free, I don't get anything for the use of it except knowing I helped a fellow Mustang enthusiast with his car. At last check, it had more than 250,000 hits, which indicates it does help fix idle problems quickly and inexpensively.
Very informative! Thank you very much