aint runnin righgt either

robbo1987*2.3*

Founding Member
Apr 22, 2002
varina, va
g/f car not runnin right it has a miss throughout the powerband and idling car still gets up to speed but its just not right i have to drive i to n/c sunday and she decides to start actin up today. new plugs and accel wires on it cap and button look fine. i dunno the old plugs looked ight but the new ones made the car drivable. oh yea manifold glows if you dog it for a few minutes but it all started yesterday please help

its khalids old car bythe way

• Sponsors (?)

Ummm....try adding some periods and stuff to make it more clear what you are saying....

If the manifold glows that is VERY bad....do you know what detination feels/sounds like? I'm guessing your running pretty lean.....

Have you checked fuel psi? try pulling the vacuum line off of the FPR and see if that helps at all.. have you checked for codes?

lol

Srry about the punctuation, i was in a hurry. the old plugs were ngks 3 of the 4 were white( runnin lean) the exaughst(sp) smells funny to, dont know how to describe it . Yes i know what detination is and its not doin it. I know the glowin manifold is bad its not my first time around the block im just not the smartest lol. Whats the simpliest way to check the fuel pressure( funds are very limited). I was guessin the timing is off( glowin manifold) and the tfi might b goin bad. Tomorrow im gonna adjust/turn the distributor whne i set the timing to get it away from the block. I might relocate it( tfi) if i can do it for cheap enough. Its been runnin fine with the very seldom bump/miss when crussin it all started today when i went to check the plugs and the cheapo plug wire ends pulled off so i put the accel 7mm wires off my car( my car runs fine t bird) and it would get up to speed but miss like heck the whole way then tryin to cruise it would studder and miss terribly, its almost like your cuttin the car off then back on real quick but the tach doesnt studder. I put new auto light plugs in it and it made it more drivable but it still does the same thing just not as bad. I have to drive this to n/c because my car has dead tags at the moment because i owe some county taxes at the moment:ban: so this is what i have to work with. thanks for the help

robbo

weird but it fixed it

i took the accels off and returned the cheapos(still under waranty(sp)) and got some more cheapo wires and that fixed everything. Dunno why the cheap wires work better on that car its the exact oppistie on my tbird thanks for the help.

robbo

For some reason my Capri and Mustang are the same way. The ONLY plugs that work in them are Autolite copper plugs and I can use any decent plug wires and they run. If I try to use even a different brand of spark plug, they misfire and run horribly.