Allen Engineering Blower

• Sponsors (?)

2002BLGT said:
not enough HP gain for the $$$ , non intercooled KB would kick its A$$$$$ , you could then have more HP while you save up to add the intercooler on the KB

Hmmm...yeah...too bad KB doesn't make a kit for the 96-98 cars....

I've been a KB fan since '93 when a friend put one on his '93 Lightening. That thing was sick. Id' much rather have the KB as it is MUCH more efficient than the Eaton M90.

If I were to PI Swap the top end of my motor in my 98 GT, is there any reason why I couldn't run a 9psi-intercooled KB for a 99-04 car? With the appropriate computer tune of course.

tjm73 said:

I've been a KB fan since '93 when a friend put one on his '93 Lightening. That thing was sick. Id' much rather have the KB as it is MUCH more efficient than the Eaton M90.

If I were to PI Swap the top end of my motor in my 98 GT, is there any reason why I couldn't run a 9psi-intercooled KB for a 99-04 car? With the appropriate computer tune of course.

would work great if you just remove some material from the cylinder head chambers to lower the compression slightly , if you dont do that I would stick to under 8 lbs of boost , be hard to tune with alot of compression , might wanna look into a low mileage PI engine swap that way you have a fresher engine and compression ratio is not so high . I have seen 40 K mile PI engines go for about 900 to 1200 bucks , just some thoughts .

2002BLGT said:
somewhere around 9.0 to 9.2 i think , not sure but its definitely not 10

Which question are you answering? Or are you saying my 10:1 info is wrong? It's 10:1 if you swap PI heads onto a Non-PI engine. See below.

Attachments

• PI Heads.jpg
    PI Heads.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 94
2002BLGT said:
no I knew you were right , but I was saying the stock compression on the PI engines is stock 9 something . I just meant that 10 was too high for a blower in my opinion atleast not a big one .

10 is definitly too much for a blower. Wasn't thinking bout that when I typed the idea.

If I did a blower I would have to do a blower specific short block with rods and pistons minimum.

I may just do a stout N/A setup. My options are wide open at this point. I'm just floating some different ideas.

What I want to have ultimately, is a minimum of 300 hp at the wheels. Which is totally do-able with N/A without too much hassle.

I've also thought about a 10 psi Pro-Charger on the stock block/heads. MM&FF got 323hp on a stock '97 GT and ran into the 12's with it.

tjm73 said:

KB does have a kit for the 96-98 Gt it was developed in 96 or 97. They stopped production for a while but are now rereleasing it with the 99 and up kit.

yeah

I had that blower.. ill tell you something.. with all the lowend torqe it made it sure felt fast.. iv been in cars that run low 12s high 11s and my car felt faster.. when it really wasnt.. on a stock car it will put you into the high 12s.. the blower whine is also very cool with it.. oh and as someone was saying yeah its a small blower the 03 cobra blower is bigger.. but the blower in the allen kit makes full boost 800 RPMS lower then the cobra which means more torqe.. but I am putting a paxton on my 1966..