Almost got hit by a damn gate

BigHairyMonkey

Founding Member
Jun 18, 2003
Houston (Bellaire) TX
Leaving a meeting at my friends apt and his dumb piece of sh it gate opens inward instead of outward with NO DAMN SIGNS. WTF?!!!!!!!!!!!! god damn i've never been angrier in my life. Almost hits my damn car before i slam reverse and try to baby it but end up dumping the **** outa the clutch to get the car outa the way. my axle doesnt hop it TRAMPS i thought there was a damn earthquake:notnice: Car dies.. try to fire it back up oil pressure drops to zero car dies. WTF?!! At this point im just trying to control my anger so i get out check the underbody of the car, look around the bay to see any oil or anything of that matter. (Its pitch dark i have no flashlight). Takes me a good 30 mins to realize that the whole mess blew my CAI off the t-body so thats why my car wouldnt fire up. Prime it, start it, oil pressure back up, im gone. Although much angrier than i came. **** apt gates. P.s. my last car inccured 3000 dollars in damage when a gate failed to remain open and closed on my car. So me and gates dont get along. /rant

• Sponsors (?)

Leaving a meeting at my friends apt and his dumb piece of sh it gate opens inward instead of outward with NO DAMN SIGNS. WTF?!!!!!!!!!!!! god damn i've never been angrier in my life. Almost hits my damn car before i slam reverse and try to baby it but end up dumping the **** outa the clutch to get the car outa the way. my axle doesnt hop it TRAMPS i thought there was a damn earthquake:notnice: Car dies.. try to fire it back up oil pressure drops to zero car dies. WTF?!! At this point im just trying to control my anger so i get out check the underbody of the car, look around the bay to see any oil or anything of that matter. (Its pitch dark i have no flashlight). Takes me a good 30 mins to realize that the whole mess blew my CAI off the t-body so thats why my car wouldnt fire up. Prime it, start it, oil pressure back up, im gone. Although much angrier than i came. **** apt gates. P.s. my last car inccured 3000 dollars in damage when a gate failed to remain open and closed on my car. So me and gates dont get along. /rant

i dont like gates either... had one smack me once :mad:

Something isnt right if you are in a position to be hit by a crossing gate...lets just say I hope the gate isnt hitting the back of your car, cuz when the train hits the front its gonna suck a whole lot more...

That's what stop lines are for.

I used to install traffic lights before i was an engineer. We used to set up the loop detectors and loop camera detectors based on the stop lines and where you are supposed to stop.

You wouldn't beleive the number of times some idiot would roll 20 feet past the stop line almost into the intersection and then yell out to me that the lights weren't working.

Then there are the winners in the left turn lanes who don't stop at the line and instead hang 20 feet back or so with a line of cars behind them. The computer doesn't sense presence and skips the left turn. By the time the first guy in line catches a break and takes the left, the cars behind them get the red light and are stuck all because the first jerk didn't go to the line and trip the detector. The poor shmucks behind gotta wait then.

Moral of my story which is totally unrelated to the original post....stop at stop lines!!

That's what stop lines are for.

I used to install traffic lights before i was an engineer. We used to set up the loop detectors and loop camera detectors based on the stop lines and where you are supposed to stop.

You wouldn't beleive the number of times some idiot would roll 20 feet past the stop line almost into the intersection and then yell out to me that the lights weren't working.

Then there are the winners in the left turn lanes who don't stop at the line and instead hang 20 feet back or so with a line of cars behind them. The computer doesn't sense presence and skips the left turn. By the time the first guy in line catches a break and takes the left, the cars behind them get the red light and are stuck all because the first jerk didn't go to the line and trip the detector. The poor shmucks behind gotta wait then.

Moral of my story which is totally unrelated to the original post....stop at stop lines!!

hahaha, old people around here are extremely bad about doing that and stopping 4 or 5 car lengths behind the person infront of them.

I'm an equal opportunity ***hole, so I go around the person who stopped too far back and pull into the big gap they left between either their car and the one in front, or at the line at the intersection. Honking at them seems to have no effect, so now I just make them look stupid to all the other traffic around.

I'm an equal opportunity ***hole, so I go around the person who stopped too far back and pull into the big gap they left between either their car and the one in front, or at the line at the intersection. Honking at them seems to have no effect, so now I just make them look stupid to all the other traffic around.

good idea, i only do that at the drive thoughs.

+1 I've done that plenty of times.