Alright I'm New..But got a story

MindOnPlayboy

Dec 3, 2004
so i've been beggin my dad for the 05 Black GT right...i finally find the one i've been dreaming about in L.A. (near Pasadena Home town) so by the time i friggin get a chance to make an appointment the car gets sold and i had to explain this to my dad!! so would it be easier just to get black on black?? because its lying around everywhere here....or should i wait that extra week because they're bringing in another one.... :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

Must be nice to be able to just have your dad buy you one. My parents had the money, but they certainly never would have spoiled me with a brand new car.

When I was 17, my dad helped me buy a beater Mustang. By helping me just a little, he helped me out the MOST in the long run.

M1Rifle said:
Must be nice to be able to just have your dad buy you one. My parents had the money, but they certainly never would have spoiled me with a brand new car.

When I was 17, my dad helped me buy a beater Mustang. By helping me just a little, he helped me out the MOST in the long run.

suxx..sorry about that

my parents supprised me on my 16th b-day and got me a 99 stang :shrug:

M1Rifle said:

You took the words right out of my mouth! Today's youth really has it made, don't they? ... yeah, it must be nice. I never had a new car in my life (until recently), but I always took pride in what I had because I worked for it and I wouldn't have it any other way. I finally had my first brand-new car at the age of 31 when I bought my 'stang over 3 years ago and I still love it!

This brings back memories of when I was 17 and driving my "new" 1979 4 dr. two-tone puke green Plymouth Horizon home from graduation commencements ... I graduated in '88 to give you an idea of how new my car was at the time. To make a long story short, I didn't have to tie streamers or cans from my bumper to make some racket on the way to my party. The rotten exhaust that broke in front of the cat (dragging and making sparks all the way home) gave me all the attention I needed ... talk about embarrassing! I was stupid enough to dump more money in that car than what I paid for it, but it was all I could afford back then ... what a POS! :nonono:

BTW,
Since you're fortunate enough to have your dad buy you a new car you might as well wait to get what you really want. You know the saying ... "Good things come to those who wait".

I'm new here as well, and I also was given the pleasure of having my dad buy me a brand new car when I was 17. Some of us are fortunate enough to be in that type of situation, others aren't. If his dad wants to buy him a car, then that's his dads decision. I was given one chance w/ the new car. If i screwed up then from then on, it was all on me. Needles to say, I screwed up, and have been payin for my stuff ever since. When your out w/ your new "stang, just don't forget how lucky you have it. And to answer your question, you should wait for the one that you want. As said before, you don't want to regret your decision later.

Hey don't rip on every young Kid who has a nice new Car, I bought my 04 Mach and i'm 19, but I also work 40 hours a week to pay for my car, I also go to school full time. I do agree though, there's nothing worse then listing to some kid who hasn't worked a stich in his life and gets a new Car handed to them. Happed all the time in my HS, but hey, look at it this way, all of us that work for our stuff, we have a better appreciation and respect for everything we own.

MindOnPlayboy said:
so i've been beggin my dad for the 05 Black GT right...i finally find the one i've been dreaming about in L.A. (near Pasadena Home town) so by the time i friggin get a chance to make an appointment the car gets sold and i had to explain this to my dad!! so would it be easier just to get black on black?? because its lying around everywhere here....or should i wait that extra week because they're bringing in another one.... :bang:

I am hoping you are just trolling, but if not I feel somewhat sad for you.

My first car was a mustard yellow 1973 Opel Gt that my parents helped me to buy when I was 15. For my birthday that year my dad bought me my first real good quality set of socket wrenches, we used those and his tools to restore that car to running condition, It took about 6 months of weekends just to make it run good enough to pass inspection. I had always helped my dad work on his cars, but I was not really too mechanically inclined when I was 15. With his help and patience within two years I was doing everything that needed doing to keep that car and others in good shape. That time he spent with me to teach me "fish" so to speak was one of the most valuable skills that anyone has given me other than a good grasp of the function of the English language and the importance of being on time and keeping your word...

I guess I could try to impress you by bragging about how rich my folks are and how they could have easily bought me a new Mustang or Corvette as my first car. But the truth is that they could have, but didn't and would not have if they had 100 million in the bank and money was no object. But then again my parents raised me right.

I hope you are among the small percentage of spoiled rich punks who's parents won't have the privilidge of feeding and housing until your 50, but with a post like yours I kinda have my doubts...

Best of luck with your new car, hope that extra week of waiting dosen't kill ya.

DAMN. Leave the kid alone. His parents are going to buy him a new 'Stang, so what? That's not going to make him the worst person in the world. Maybe he deserves it. Matter of fact, even if he doesn't, it's his parents' money and he's their son. So all of you haters if you have nothing positive to add just shut up with these comments
"My parents loaned me money to buy a beater"
"Today's youth is sooooooo spoiled"...etc.

Some parents, like mine, like to give there sons and daughters the best in life because they might not have had the best youth. My parents didn't have great familys or money so they do give me all they can. My dad drives a focus and I drive a mustang. Yeah i know it sounds crazy, but that is the way they are as a person. I am very grateful and to be honest I would rather them drive a nicer car than I do, but they disagree. So don't be mad cause your parents didn't or couldn't give you a nice car when you were younger. Don't hate Congradulate haha

If my parents offered me a new car when i was 16, i would have taken it in a second!

Unfortunately when i went to my dad asking for a new '98 Cobra (was new at the time) i got laughed at and he told me to go get a job.

So i did.

I'm happy the way things worked out in the end. I have all the toys i want :)

I don't think there is anything wrong with parents doing all they can to give their kids nice things in life, as long as they appreciate it. I don't come from a wealthy family, but my father bought me a beat up old 1941 ford truck when I was 11 years old. We worked on that until I was 16 when we finally completed it. It turned out really nice and all my friends are envious. I then worked hard for a while and bought my 88 lx with my money while keeping the truck. I have taken really good care of the truck for the past 2 years and will continue to do so. I understand how hard my father worked to give me something to be proud of and I just hope I can do the same for my kids when I have them.

I guess my parents could have dropped 20 grand on a new car for me when I was a teenager, but instead they dropped at least 80 grand getting me an education (I'm still on the hook for another 50 grand in college loans as well). I think a masters degree in engineering has a far better return than a five year old mustang would. Remember this before you buy a kid a car and then tell him he has to go to in-state U because of the tuition. And yes, I know families that have done that.

blackonblack05 said:
So don't be mad cause your parents didn't or couldn't give you a nice car when you were younger. Don't hate Congradulate haha

Dude, I'm not mad, and I'm certainly not jealous. I'm concerned that a kid can ask for, and receive, a brand new high performance V8 just for holding out his hand. It's not the kids fault. It's the parents fault.

Life isn't about giving your kids THINGS, it's about teaching them lessons that they will take through life with them. I certainly got more support from my parents than most (help with cars, and they paid for room and board and tuition during college), but they weren't buying me new cars during that period.

I see this a lot from parents that are 10 years or so older than me (I'm 40). Their attitude is a reflection of growing up in the 60's and 70's, where most of my growing up was in the 70's and 80's. I've heard ~many~ parents in this age range say just this: "I won't let my kids work, they have a whole life of work ahead of them, so I want them to just be a kid and have fun". And if the kid won't be allowed to work, that means they HAVE to get everything from a handout. I don't believe there is any value in teaching kids to be on a welfare system.

MindOnPlayboy I would say congrats on getting a new Mustang, but if you plan on being a parent your self one day, better put MindOnRoad!!

I'll tell you why I ay that. When I was a kid in high school I worked a summer job before my senior year hopping two buses rides to and from work. My dad worked hard and money was tight. After I saved about $300.00 bucks that summer my dad offered to add another $300.00 to it to help me buy my first car, a 67Ford Falcon 4door. Later on I was able to buy a two year old Toyota Cilica on payments. The owners son was given a brand new Toyata Cilica. Needless to say I was a little jelious.

Of course the rich kid drove like hell and totaled the car.No big deal to him, he just got another new car. My point is you dont appreciate or take care of something you have nothing invested in that costs you nothing. I'll guess you will take care of this car better than that.

I have a 18 year old son now and if I could afford to buy him a new car it certainly would not be anything as fast as a Mustang, Thats about like giving a kid a loaded gun to play with. I did give my son a car but it's a 96 Toyota which I bought for my daughter .

Spoiled Kids

My wife and I disagree about how things of this nature should be handled because I was poor and she wasn't. I know if I was even offered ANY Mustang when I was 16 I certainly would have taken it.
One aspect of this argument that no one has mentioned is safety. There is a reason that insurance is so high for the under 25 crowd. I don't think it is smart to put keys of a 300+ HP car in the hands of a 16-18 year old. No offense, but I know what I would have done with that kind of performance. Maybe I wasn't as mature as the Kids we are talking about here. :shrug: