Aluminum radiator for II?

freddyk70

Sep 5, 2009
guys anybody using an aluminum radiator? which one did u use and how much? trying to figure out if my 32 year old radiator is worth investing in rebuilding it or just junk it and go with high flow alum? i am putting 347 in so i'll need additional cooling.

Anybody out there running a very high performance engine w/aluminum heads and still using stock MII radiator?

THanks!

Fred

• Sponsors (?)

I had Ron Davis Radiator build mine, I know they still have the template for it. If I remember it was around 300, On the spendy side but worth it. Cools the 351W like a charm even during parades in July! :)

Ron Davis aluminum radiators for racing, offroad, performance street car, and other custom applications

IM001785.JPG

I am still running a stock replacement radiator. I went ahead and installed a high flow water pump, a 180* thermostat, an electric fan, and an oil cooler and don't have any problems with it.

When I was in the military in Hawaii, I took my 77' stock 2 core rad and had it converted to a 4 core unit. I also did it to one I have here for my 76'. The top and bottom cans are wide enough for a four core. So, you should be able to go to your local rad shop, if you trust them enough, and just reuse your cans and install a 4 core. That way everything is basically stock, except for the core.
The 76' that I brought back from Hawaii had a black magic electric fan and a 180 degree thermostat installed. It cooled great in Hawaii. Even when cruising downtown Waikiki.