Any free mods

• Sponsors (?)

DHGBullitt4.6 said:
free mods? hahahha. Stop being a cheap bastard and go buy something. Later.
Bro, didn't you get banned on a similar screen name? Get a life and go to some ricer site that cares about the stuff you write. We don't. Beleive it or not there are actually some true mustang enthusiasts in here that are trying to learn and compare different mods. Oh yeah, i heard daddy calling, he wants the keys to his bullit back!! :notnice:

Sorry to everyone else for the :OT: flame. I keep seeing this kid cut everyone down in all the threads of the 4.6 forum. its getting OLD!!!!!!

Actually there's a ton of things you can do for free/cheap. Here's just the stuff I could think of off the top of my head that I've done.
  • Recover Mach460 speaker covers
  • Shorten antenna
  • Lower windshield wipers.
  • Move spoiler back, depending on year model.
  • Mustang specific mud guards (cheap).
  • Rewire fog lights for independent operation
  • Cut air filter silencer, not just remove it, keeps the air coming in from the fender directly.
  • Clear out headlights, remove amber plastic.
  • Engine Fan mod.
  • Hard wire radar detector
  • Remove slack from gas pedal
  • Replace thermostat w/ cooler thermo
  • Remove seat belt guides next to head rests.
  • Install underhood light, junk yard lights are cheap!
  • Of course there's all the standard preventative maintenance stuff, bleed brakes, wax, wash,
That's all I could think of for now. That should keep you busy for a while.

ps, be aware removing the from sta bar will affect handling. Obviously if you're just a straight line guy you won't care.

Thanks for some of the great ideas, keep 'em coming! I trimmed the intake silencer today, gonna wire up an underhood light, sounds like a great idea thanks. I also missed the Engine Fan Mod, whats that?

jas142 said:
Thanks for some of the great ideas, keep 'em coming! I trimmed the intake silencer today, gonna wire up an underhood light, sounds like a great idea thanks. I also missed the Engine Fan Mod, whats that?
Underhood light! thats one thats never popped into my head at all. any one have a write up? maybe i'll figure something up :)

also, you can make a CAI for real cheap.