Any regrets?

Repostyle

Jun 11, 2005
Portland, OR
Anybody regret doing their A/C delete?? :bang: :owned:

web_metrotemps_big.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

on my maroon one, It has the AC delete (I didnt do it) and it sucks sometimes. But the white one has AC on it, and I have decided to leave it, for those few days a year when it's actually needed.

But yeah our climate is mild compared to some places. In florida, if you have no AC, you may as well consider your car "broke down" hahah

I don't regret it. I never used the A/C when I had it on the car. My windows were always down and I was always moving fast enough to provide a nice airflow inside the car. My logic was that if I didn't like it without A/C, then I could re-install the system at a later time. This would have worked, had my mom not thrown away my A/C compressor when I was away at college.:nonono: Oh well!

Stangler said:
My only regret is taking out my heater. :nonono: :rlaugh:

Nate

p.s. Foggy window's suck!!

That reminds me of an old friends car. He had a '94GT, which had a rear seat delete, a/c delete, smog system delete, flaming river manual rack, windshield wiper delete, and a torn out heater core. It had full tubular suspension, a fiberglass hood and racing seats as well. I know it was well below 3000 pounds. When he would leave work, he had to wipe his windshield down in order to get home. On occasion, he drove like Ace Ventura with his head out the window. It was classic!:rlaugh:

gospeedgo said:
:jaw: :eek: :eek:

Did it have an engine or trans in it?

LOL. Yeah, but that was about it. It had a vic Jr. headed small block with only the bear essentials. All insulation was removed, as well as everything related to climate controls inside the car. Most of the underside of the dash was hollow. It was stolen three different times when he lived in Arizona, so he figured he would just finish stripping it out. I recall seeing a portion of his dash being supported with a piece of wood. The car was ghetto inside. I think some of the other body panels ended up being fiberglass too.

breakemlose said:
screw deleting the AC and especially the heater in the freezing state of oregon. If you want to go faster add more HP dont' cut the weight!!! Well that's my prefered method.

Well, you know HP cost $$, and taking weight out is pretty much free,... if you can put up with it!! The only thing that makes me a little happy about it is if I didn't, I would have 13.0X instead of my 12.99!:SNSign:

Nate

Stangler said:
Well, you know HP cost $$, and taking weight out is pretty much free,... if you can put up with it!! The only thing that makes me a little happy about it is if I didn't, I would have 13.0X instead of my 12.99!:SNSign:

Nate

Yeah I just like to have best of all worlds. Air conditioining, stereo system, seat 4 people (well 2 adults 1 small child), power everything, cornering, breaking, 10 second passes on pump fuel, looks, insulation, etc.

I just save up until i have it all. But in the road racing world there comes a point where there is no resplacement for weight savings. Horsepower will stop giving you a track time advantage.