ANY SUGGESTION ON RIDE HEIGHT FOR '64

• Sponsors (?)

I know it's not a coupe, but I have yet to be sorry I dropped my car. It's street only and rides better, handles better and (my opinion only) looks better than it possibly would have if it were stock height. The stance is the mort important part of getting the look right.
IMG_2370.jpg

I lowered mine 1.5"? in the front and dearched cal-trac split leafs in the rear. They closed the strip in my area, so mostly street, but a strip car. Love the look, love the way it performs, wouldn't have it any other way.

Attachments

• 68 GT Coupe.jpg
    68 GT Coupe.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC02156.jpg
    DSC02156.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 64
Xplane, how's the ride/performance with those cal-trac? That was one of the options I was reccomended to use.

The ride isnt too bad if you go with the adj shocks. Only prob they dont have a lot of travel to the compression side so they can bottom out pretty fast.

The solid front bushing can transmit vibrations pretty good too.

Just depends on what you plan to use your car for mostly. If its mostly highway city stuff and very little drag racing I would probably just do some under rider bars and some good leafs.

Gondo79,

The roads around here are in pretty decent shape, and I have nothing to complain about ride wise. Even with the solid front bushing, I didn't see a big change from standard leafs. The cal-trac leaf is a 2 piece leaf which uses a different spring rate, front and rear to reduce spring wrap. It's a pretty slick setup. Give John Calvert a call, he can customize the components for your setup. He is a very knowledgeable guy, and very customer oriented. They dearched my springs for me while I waited!

Mike