anyone know anything about the moates quarterhorse?

cenok is family

15 Year Member
Jun 25, 2003
Norman, Ok
i've been interested in getting a tweecer lately and i was reading through a thread on another board of a guy asking which one was better, the tweecer rt or the moates quarterhorse. i've never even heard of it before that. i went to their website http://www.moates.net/product_info.php?cPath=73_63&products_id=199 and it seems pretty good, espcially for only being half the cost of the tweecer. everyone in the thread was saying it was better too. anyone know anything?

also, here's the list of all the hardware/software moates carries for stangs.

http://www.moates.net/index.php?cPath=73_63

• Sponsors (?)

It's been around for a while now. Check out both 5.0 tuning sections (Fox & 94-95) for info, as there's been a few threads in both that I know of. Basically, it can do everything the TwEECer RT can do, for half the price. You need to purchase a third party software package to use it (Binary Editor and EEC Analyzer), but aside from that it works just as well, and actually allows you to tune in real-time instead of having to turn off the engine to apply changes.

Yea I read up a lot on it when I was planning on going turbo and was the way I was going to go, its actually really cheap imo for all the stuff it can do. I had an extra laptop laying around that I reformated and installed just those programs to make the laptop specifically for tuning but I ended up not finishing the turbo and never needing the QH.

awesome, exactly what i wanted to hear. i know it's not really necessary for a car modded as little as mine, but i want to get it tuned here soon and was wondering if you guys think getting something like this would be a better option than getting a chip burnt. it'd be nice to be able to fine tune my car myself anytime i change a part. even at this level, do you think there would be any major benefits?

Megasquirt is a horrible solution for someone just breaking into tuning, IMO. You need to create your own complete tune, can't pull any codes, have very limited support compared to the other solutions, lose the mass air setup, and have to assemble the thing yourself. I'd steer clear of that one.