anyone know how to fix toe in!

fastimes69

Founding Member
Jun 27, 2001
San Benito, Texas
Does anyone here know how to fix what's called toe- in. The top of the front passenger tire sits like its sunken in and causes my tire to wear from the inside. I've replaced the ball joint, tie rods, rack and pinion, springs,struts, and still the tire sits the same. Could it be a bent control arm or spindle?If anyone has ever fixed this problem please let me knowASAP. This is really getting to me :nonono: ! Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Car ever been in a front-ender? You could have a strut tower a little out, or the factory c/c plate may be toasted. I'm assuming since you didn't mention it that you don't have aftermarket c/c plates. You may need some. Does it make any noise? Did you jack it up and shake the wheel, make sure it's all tight?

As far as I know the car has never been wrecked, there are no signs of cracks in the fenderwell or work done to the car. I bought it this way and it has gotten worse , especially with the front runners.My buddy bought a 90, one owner car from a lady and after about 8 years of owning it, his did the same also. :shrug: I thought about caster camber plates already but would like to try and fix it before resorting to that!!

Your problem is not the toe. You have too much negative camber. Has your car been lowered? That is what usually causes the problem. After market c/c plates will help. Take it to a good alignment shop and they may be able to get it dialed in as long as there is enough adjustment. Have you taken it anywhere to have it checked? :nice:

And what did his problem turn out to be? I stand by what I said though, nothing else comes to mind. That is, of course, in addition to your own assumed possibilities- either of which could also cause it.

Well yesterday I replaced the front springs with some from a 89 coupe that I have for parts, and the spindle as well. To my surprise it straightened out alot compared to before. I guess it will be ok for now. As far as my buddies car goes, he never bothered to fix it and remains the same till this day!!!Thanks for the replies. :D