Anyone name their car?

1991notchbackLX

Dec 25, 2007
New York
I know it's old school, but back in the muscle car days alot of guys had names for their rides. Most of the time they were female names. I have my '91 notch, still searching for a name for her. However, I do have a '72 Olds Cutlass (442 clone), burgundy with grey stripes, and its' name is Murphy, for Murphy's Law (anything that can go wrong will go wrong). Just curious if anyone on here named their cars, or if it's a dead tradition. If you haven't yet, here's your chance! Post some pics and names!

-Chris :)

• Sponsors (?)

Mine ended up with Torquey-moda, ya know the torturer from the Spanish Inquisition? Not the same spelling but I liked the sound and my Mod motor has alot of Torque :shrug:
And this guy was supposed to be a bad arse killer and I like killing F-bodies and Rice.

The only names my cars hear me call them are P.O.S, if it wont start I call it a POS. If I am working on it and I smash my thumb, once again I remind it that its a POS. I than usually go into a lecture of how they have a good home, are out of the weather, are pampered so how can they treat me like %$#@. :rolleyes:

The only names my cars hear me call them are P.O.S, if it wont start I call it a POS. If I am working on it and I smash my thumb, once again I remind it that its a POS. I than usually go into a lecture of how they have a good home, are out of the weather, are pampered so how can they treat me like %$#@. :rolleyes:

We think alike... :D

I named mine Project Daily Driver.

I am soooo glad I am not the only one that does that :D

goddammit,sonuvabitch, you dirty whore, it all depends on what it has done to me. lately I have been plagued by electrical gremlins. Having a car that has spent it's entire life on the beach sux.