Anyone running a C4 in their fox?

JH96GT

Founding Member
Aug 20, 2000
Twilight Zone, TN.
Want to go auto, and the car is mainly for street/strip w/ not much highway at all. Thinking about swapping to a C4, but currently have a T-5 w/ 4.10's in the rear. Was just wondering who else is running the C4 and how you like it, how hard the swap was, etc...?

Thanks. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

My coupe had a built C4 in it when i got it...full manual valve body. It was fun for an auto, but not as fun as a stick for me. It was mostly stock back then, even had stock headers on it, but it still went low 14s on street tires. It was an ANIMAL in first and second gear but it had zero highway driveability and it only has 3.73s in it. It would run close to 3k just to go 60 and not get ran over by everyone. I'd say for a strip only car it's a good option but if you EVER go on the highway, i'd look into a built AOD for the overdrive gear.

It should be an easy swap, and its been done zillions of times. I have two c4 Foxes.

Its the best trans for a strip oriented toy.

Should go in easy. When you get the trans, you do need to have a matching block plate, bellhousing, flexplate, converter, etc. I happen to have all 168 tooth stuff, but either will work as long as it all matches.