Anyone used a tuner on their 2010 GT?

jocatch

Jul 22, 2009
I must admit I feel very old. Back in the days when my '78 Z28 was new, souping up your car meant adding a new intake manifold, carb, headers and cam. It meant getting your hands dirty.

To think that today you can soup up your car's performance by retuning the engine's computer and never get your hands dirty is just so awesome.

I have started to look around for a programmer for my new GT. I checked out Superchips but they have nothing yet for the 2010 GT. I assume this will be the case for most other brands of tuners too. So for those of us on the cutting edge of increasing performance on the 2010's, what programmers are available now and are they worth using for everyday driving where one just wants to squeeze out a few more horses?

Joe

• Sponsors (?)

I am going to wait until the fall and get an SCT XCAL2.

Some tuners are saying that the canned 2009 tunes will work for 2010, but I dont know about that. If you want to get some good performance, I wouldnt bother with just a tune. Slap on a new Throttle body, a new cold air intake (when one comes out), then the tune. I wouldnt be surprised if you picked up 35+ rwhp.

Yea I remember my first new car. A 1979 mustang Indy Pace car. I can recall working on the car in the driveway installing headers,intake, 650 carb,3:55 gears. then chapping my buddies 79 Camaro..those were the days :nice:
Yea I agree wait a little longer,Cai,TB,LTs,catted X pipe,Axle back[that still sounds funny].and look for SCT to come out with a good tuner soon.I believe you will be happier if you wait. But keep us posted if you decide to make some 09 stuff work.Steeda says 25 more days until thier 2010CAI comes out.. I think I can wait..