anyone wanna guess what it will run...

ceracer33

Aug 30, 2005
just trying to get an idea of what to expect out of my car this year. its a 99gt with a 3650 5 speed swapped into it. mods are
ebay cai
steeda pullies
75mmtb/plenum
bbk long tubes
o/r x pipe with spintech mufflers, 2.5" cat back
comp stage 2 270ah cams
steeda triax shifter
3:73's, forged 31 spline axles
mcleod clutch with spec pressure plate
100 shot nx (equal to a 125 nos kit)
sniper tuned by myself
car will be on slicks

i would call myself a decent driver, i managed to pull off a 13.7 @ 101 on nitto 555 street tires all stock besides an o/r x pipe. i could run 13.7's at 100-101 consistently. i saw where another guy with similar mods but no spray with an auto ran high 11's which i thought was pretty dang fast, so i was wondering what i might run.

• Sponsors (?)

i saw where another guy with similar mods but no spray with an auto ran high 11's
No in a gazzillion years! He might have run high-12's but never high-11's. Especially not with an Auto. As far as you and your car is concerned, you'll probably knock down low-12's with your set up on the 100-shot driving it like you stole it.

OP isn't NA, he's on SPRAY. :shrug:.
He was talking about the guy that the original poster used as his example. There's no way a basic bolt on 2V is kicking down high-11's in N/A trim like he claimed. Even running high-12's is going to be as rare as rocking horse **** on a 2V without getting into the engine or using a power adder!

A built engine and trans, with heads, cams and all the trimmings is kind of a way off your run of the mill bolt on GT though. :shrug:

OP says he has cams in his sig - I was just saying maybe that's what he saw! :D But still, 330rwhp running 11's in a a full weight car is remarkable/great, gotta admit :nice: And IMO on a 100 shot a cammed/full bolton GT will run 11's with slicks and a good driver...I've seen them locally for sure (of course, most guys run mid 13's still LOL...my car is one of three 2v's I've ever seen run better than a 12.90 here, unfortunately).

its possible to run 11s on a 100 shot of nitrous with the mods you have now. you would need a crazy launch but it has been done. Im going to guess you will run mid to low 12s though.

Ill be going to my 1/8th mile track tomorrow and running the 150 shot im hoping for low 8s at something like 88mph. thats street tires i got bullit deep dishes and some nitto 315s on the way for the following weekend and hoping for high 7s at 90

oh crap your going to be running slicks and your cammed crap i missed that. yea i would say you are going to run 11s then. cause heck your car on motor with slicks can run mid to high 12s and a 100 shot can easily drop you a second.

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=736048

maybe thats what the OP was talking about?

not the car i was talking about. i was really thinking 11's na was pretty unheard of but i did find out the guy had a little more than originally told after i made the thread. claimed it made 280rwhp n/a though, and i dont see 280rwhp getting u in the 11's by no means. i was really figuring i would run low 12's on slicks and the bottle after i install the longtubes and tb/plenum. saw his claims and figured i would ask and see if i was way off in my thinking but i was pretty sure i was right. i dont think i'll see 11's on the bottle.