aod efi - carb c4 please help (buetral safety switch)

vladtepes

Feb 12, 2010
first let me say just a couple things..

I understand why EFI is better..
I leave in 3 days to move 4 hours away so there is a little time crunch..

1991 ford Mustang.. efi is gone and has been replaced with a carbed version of the 5.0 motor.. the AOD has been replaced with a C4

everything is in.. mounted.. and hoses and all are already run..

problem 1: I can not start the car because I have been unable to address the neutral safety switch on the AOD.. I have a B&M hammer with switches for the backup lights and the neutral safety switch..how do I wire these micro switches on the B&M hammer.. into the 1991 wiring.. all ECU wiring is removed..

(car starts to crank when jumping the starter terminals.. not that I want to do that kind of nonsense.. but I wanted to at least TRY to start it before going home.. so I think everything else is ok)

problem 2: the C4 did not come with a neutral safety switch.. which I was not worried about (due to the shifter mounted switches) but when I filled the trans.. the kickdown started to leak marginal amounts of trans fluid.. after looking online it looks like the safety switch is actually PART of what provides a seal? is this accurate? if so fixing that leak seems like cake (just picking up a neutral safety switch.)

would like to know how I can mount the neutral safety and reverse lights right to the shifter (I MIGHT be able to source a fried safety switch on such short notice) so I don't want to rely on that just in case I get a bad switch..

• Sponsors (?)