Electrical Assistance needed wiring 93 fox body

t1_5.0

May 6, 2024
California
Hello everyone,
I recently bought a 93 foxbody convertible. My goal is to restore as much of it as possible to factory. I am waiting on parts so I decided to start looking through the wiring under the dash.
Currently everything as far as lights works but I have no wiper motor connections, no horn( I think they eliminated it when the previous owner installed an aftermarket steering wheel.
I’m looking for some advice on what these wires could be and what the red wire could be that they hooked into the connector. I would like to in the future replace the dash harness, but I have other projects on it that take precedence.
Also there is a KARR system installed. I found the box under the steering wheel. Any advice on removing it. Do’s and dont’s maybe?
Thanks in advance! IMG_0563.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0564.jpeg
    IMG_0564.jpeg
    423.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Sponsors (?)

The 2 plugs you're holding in your hand in the first pic look suspiciously like the data link connector for reading codes.
According to my '93 factory wiring diagram, the wiper motor should have two 3-prong connectors. One will have a Red, Black and Black w/Pink tracer wires coming out of it and the other should have Black, White and Dark Blue w/Orange tracer wires coming out of it.
Now, these will tie into a 7 prong connector that connects to the windshield washer switch, which also ties into a 10 prong connector that goes to some sort of windshield wiper/washer module.

I'd just keep an eye out for the two 3-prong connectors.

The 2 plugs you're holding in your hand in the first pic look suspiciously like the data link connector for reading codes.
According to my '93 factory wiring diagram, the wiper motor should have two 3-prong connectors. One will have a Red, Black and Black w/Pink tracer wires coming out of it and the other should have Black, White and Dark Blue w/Orange tracer wires coming out of it.
Now, these will tie into a 7 prong connector that connects to the windshield washer switch, which also ties into a 10 prong connector that goes to some sort of windshield wiper/washer module.

I'd just keep an eye out for the two 3-prong connectors.
Thanks! Any idea what the two single wires in the first picture(red and black wires) or white connector might be? I’ve tried searching through diagrams I found online but can’t find anything that matches that connector.

So I found that those two wires go to the old KARR system(so much useless wire hidden under the carpet) I’m assuming they went to the horn maybe for the alarm. I traced all of the wires that come off of it and everything was cut and just tucked behind the carpet. Only a few tie ins left.
A couple hooked to a relay.
The only wire that was legitimately cut and hooked into is a black/yellow wire that looks to go to the white plug I asked about under the dash.
The white plug has a red wire hooked into the black/yellow wire slot. The red wire butt connected to white then to yellow hooks into the stereo…???

Attachments

• IMG_0576.jpeg
    IMG_0576.jpeg
    505.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0582.jpeg
    IMG_0582.jpeg
    235.5 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    564.9 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    689.1 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    380.8 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    644.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
The red wire is power to the head unit, which leads me to the same question any idea what the white connector is?
Wire colors are Black, Grey w/lt. blue tracer, Purple w/orange tracer, Black w/yellow tracer and Purple w/lt. blue tracer

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 7
With regards to the security system I would remove that immediately. Simply find the box that all the wires plug into and then start tracing the wires from it to where they are connected. Remove the connections and repair the factory wires. These things can cause more problems than they are worth if installed incorrectly and they are aging out which can cause all kinds of weird problems like when an ECU started to go bad. They can tap into all kinds of things like the starter circuit, fuel pump circuit, etc. to disable the car and keep it from being stolen but this can also strand you. The other issue is if you do not have the key fobs then who does? That alone would make me uncomfortable.

Reactions: 1 user
And holy crap whoever the genius was with the crimpers and connectors should have all that taken away from him. I would also pull the head unit and rewire that as it is a mess. Its more work but holy hell that is not done well.

And holy crap whoever the genius was with the crimpers and connectors should have all that taken away from him. I would also pull the head unit and rewire that as it is a mess. Its more work but holy hell that is not done well.
Everything has been removed except for the wire that was actually cut (black/w yellow tracer) I will be removing that wire and repairing all tied into wires when I wake up I work nights but I couldn’t let this go before getting to bed when I got home.
With that being said any idea what that white connector is that they are using to power the head unit?

Everything has been removed except for the wire that was actually cut (black/w yellow tracer) I will be removing that wire and repairing all tied into wires when I wake up I work nights but I couldn’t let this go before getting to bed when I got home.
With that being said any idea what that white connector is that they are using to power the head unit?
I just don’t know if that white connector should be plugged into something or just secured somewhere unplugged.

If you really want to do it right, this is a factory wiring diagram. It's what Ford techs used at the dealership back in the day. Absolutely invaluable! It folds out into big 11"x17" pages and lists every circuit, connector, wire color and gauge in your car. I have one for every car I've ever built!

• Useful