Bama Tune Questions

mpeach1976

Feb 14, 2014
I wanna add a little horse power to my '14 GT and with the exception of 40 series flowmaster AB's I don't have any bolt on mods at all. Could I just do a Bama tune without any bolt on parts like a CAI and see some gains? I should also add that I would keep it at 91 octane as that's the highest available to me in my state.

• Sponsors (?)

Tune wouldn't do much with just a cai and mufflers, but every bit helps right? You can't turn off that speed limiter on newer mustangs without a tune, so that's a plus. Don't expect a huge gain, if you end up getting it; but it would help in a majority of ways, depending on how you set it up.

Tune wouldn't do much with just a cai and mufflers, but every bit helps right? You can't turn off that speed limiter on newer mustangs without a tune, so that's a plus. Don't expect a huge gain, if you end up getting it; but it would help in a majority of ways, depending on how you set it up.
That said what would be some good modifications to do that would necessitate a tune and yield some higher HP #s. Further what kind of gains would I stand to gain with a tune on my current set-up?

I'd get a throttle body along with a intake manifold/plenum. Boss 302 is a good pick, but if you have the money and want the extra power get the ford racing, along with the recommended TB. Not much you can do to the 2011-2014 mustangs, to keep it naturally aspirated, only thing you can really get other is some headers, and a mid-pipe along with some high flow cats. Oh and you can grab yourself some underdrive pullies, also i'd grab these injector is you plan on getting a new intake manifold Ford Racing Mustang EV6 High Flow Injectors - 24 lb M-9593-LU24A (87-14 All) - Free Shipping (Guessing you like AM) . Now drivetrain wise, grab yourself a new one piece driveshaft; they are more on the expensive side but are way better. Last thing, bama tunes aren't the best.... I'd take your car to a performance shop and have it dynoed and tuned.

I'd get a throttle body along with a intake manifold/plenum. Boss 302 is a good pick, but if you have the money and want the extra power get the ford racing, along with the recommended TB. Not much you can do to the 2011-2014 mustangs, to keep it naturally aspirated, only thing you can really get other is some headers, and a mid-pipe along with some high flow cats. Oh and you can grab yourself some underdrive pullies, also i'd grab these injector is you plan on getting a new intake manifold Ford Racing Mustang EV6 High Flow Injectors - 24 lb M-9593-LU24A (87-14 All) - Free Shipping (Guessing you like AM) . Now drivetrain wise, grab yourself a new one piece driveshaft; they are more on the expensive side but are way better. Last thing, bama tunes aren't the best.... I'd take your car to a performance shop and have it dynoed and tuned.

Just do a little research on tunes. BAMA and similar tunes will net you 25-35 additional RWH that has been documented and proven for years now. Maybe an additional 5 with a CAI. I wouldn't bother wth that as the OE is a CAI I you want the bling when you open the hood go for it.

A tune can certainly make some more hp, I would look towards Lund for your tuning needs as I've seen much better results there as compared to some others