Bellhousing questions....T-5 or Tremec

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
I have two 5-spd bellhousings...although one of them i cannot use.

Physically they look the same. One bellhousing has a D9xx- part number and the other one has an E3xx-part number. That refers to a 1979 part and a 1983 part.

Isn't the D9 bellhousing the one used on the early 4-spds and will NOT work with a T-5?

In '83 they went to the T-5 and changed the bellhousing. The one i have from my '85GT is the one with the E3xx- part number. I sort of can't use this one because the engine and tranny are going back into the '85 soon. I can't start robbing part from it.

The one i had set aside for my conversion was the D9 bellhousing. But now if it's the early 4-spd one i assume it will not work.

It will work however with a tremec correct? Unfortunately i do not have the budget to buy one at this time. If i were to go with a T-5 i would need the E3 one.

How much are the early tremec-usable bellhousings worth? At least i could sell it off. I would be looking for a straight up local trade for my D9 bellhousing for a T-5 style one.

• Sponsors (?)

Ok the part number is D9ZC-6394-BA. I did a search and yes it is a 4-spd SROD trans. I know it works with a tremmec transmission, but like i said i don't have the budget to buy one now.

Anyway it's for sale now or a straight up trade for a T5 bell