Best 1968 Shelby Fiberglass Parts?

Texas Toast

Dec 19, 2011
Who makes the best shelby fiberglass parts? Has anyone used Stangoholics? What about the newer vacuum formed Tony Branda parts? Or anything from Premiumponyparts.com? I'm specifically looking for 1968 Shelby fiberglass parts and have heard nightmares about some of the manufactures.

Thanks for any input!

• Sponsors (?)

i have tried just about every one,branda used to be the best, dont know what happened to them.i think they started using cheaper materials, did a real 67 shelby
used one of there hoods as ours was missing it was a decent fit but after it was painted
it curled up at the nose section and left a 3/4 "gap, mustangs un. i purchased a 69 kit
left it setting in the sun wen i picked up the hood i could have put my fingers through
the underbracing it was so soft, again cheep materials, miars i had to pie cut the trunk lid in several places to get the arc right and the gaps were about a 1/2". i started using stang- aholics a few years ago and am quite happy with them. i know they use iso ressins and not ortho resin ortho being the worst you can use,it starts to deteriorate almost emediatly. fiber glass is not like fitting metal it does take a little work to get it perfect if you are expecting perfection from fiber glass then i would suggest going a different rout, i will post a couple pics of my 68 there is no body work done to any thing but i did have to sand flanges for a flat fit and fit properly . the glass is form stang-aholics

Attachments

• IMG_1188.JPG
    IMG_1188.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 824
  • IMG_1191.JPG
    IMG_1191.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 474
  • IMG_1192.JPG
    IMG_1192.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 436
  • IMG_1196.JPG
    IMG_1196.JPG