Roush Best A/F Method for Tuning????

saleensc281

Sep 26, 2004
Have a tuning ? for you, what is more effcient in tuning a car for A/F. Using the bung or tailpipe. I though a bung was better, but I just got my cat tuned and they use the tailpipe A/F method!!! Will this effect my tune and my car as far as reliability and performance?? Should I get it retuned by someone who uses the bung A/F method. Sorry If I sould like a rookie here, but I hope you can point me in the right direction!!!! Thanks Jake

• Sponsors (?)

00-Saleen said:
Nice hp Numbers FriedChicken :)
Thanks. The car made 394hp and 408tq bone stock on a dynojet. Everyone I have talked to has never seen anything close to that from their cobras on the same dyno. Added the exhaust and CAI to get me to 438hp and a custom tune got me the rest of the way. I don't use anything but 94 octaine.

marcus95 said:
I have never seen an A/F gauge from Saleen. Does Saleen even know what air/fuel is and how to tune? :shrug: :D
Speedworx had several types in their catalogue at one point, but now they don't carry the guages anymore. I don't really need the intercooler temp guage since I upgraded my heat exchanger and fans. I'd like to have the AF without adding other pods all over the place. I'm not into that 747 cockpit look.

Friedchicken said:
Thanks. The car made 394hp and 408tq bone stock on a dynojet. Everyone I have talked to has never seen anything close to that from their cobras on the same dyno. Added the exhaust and CAI to get me to 438hp and a custom tune got me the rest of the way. I don't use anything but 94 octaine.

So are you seeing these numbers without a pulley swap?