Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Steeda

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

fivespeedsteed

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 17, 2003
Richmond, VA
so i have tokico blue shocks and struts on my car now with c springs. im doing my 5 lug in the future at some time and i want to get lower, stiffer springs that lower more to handle better. ive heard steeda, but there are also h&r and sportlines. i cant afford to do much in the shock department now, so i was thinking i needed a stiffer spring to stiffen the whole suspension up.

• Sponsors (?)

Going lower doesn't always equal handling better. That's very incorrect mindset because anything past the front a-arms being parallel ruins handling.

I have the very same C spring + tokico blue setup and it's at the max of what i would consider lower handling. If you want lower, look into drop spindles, but dropping the suspension more may hurt more than help.

A well-matched spring/shock setup will make a bigger difference. I am researching a different spring to run with my tokicos, but also considering coil-overs.

I've only used the Steeda Sport Springs in Hack Job, so that's why I voted for Steeda.

Struts and shocks, Tokicko blues. Cheap strut, good handling, good name.

It's not listed but mach 1/bullitt springs offer a drop in height(bullitts more so) and offer a nice ride. If you want some good info on drop heights and handling and the effects take a look at the track section on corral and search springs,ride height etc. tons of info.

oh I know lowering doesn't do the handling aspect that's the rates mainly. my car doesent sit level either I can't stand the raked look and it leans to the driver side. is that the isolators? I know the rake is the c springs.

oh I know lowering doesn't do the handling aspect that's the rates mainly. my car doesent sit level either I can't stand the raked look and it leans to the driver side. is that the isolators? I know the rake is the c springs.

It could be how the springs are oriented on the perches. SOmetimes rotating them slightly can raise or lower them a tad.

Could also be sagging isolators. I know mine were. They weren't even solid when i took them out this winter. I bought new ones

It could be how the springs are oriented on the perches. SOmetimes rotating them slightly can raise or lower them a tad.

Could also be sagging isolators. I know mine were. They weren't even solid when i took them out this winter. I bought new ones

OH for sure. Stock rubber isolators on Mustangs wear down to almost 1/8" or smaller. Other times, they just deteriorate so bad that there is nothing left and it's metal to metal.

Using original isos if you can get them off, is the best thing to do to stay as low as possible. Ploy isos will for sure rasie the car up a tad more than using new rubber isos or used rubber isos. Keep that in mind. It could be upto 1/4"-3/8" with poly isos in place.

FWIW, the Eibach Drag Launch springs with Tokico shocks and so no-name (Gabriel?) struts in front in teh Notch ride really well and handle very nicely. :nice: Only gripe is that the front end seems to sit just a hair higher than the rear, but it could be an illusion due to my driveway...

I've been considering the PPI Bullitt or Mach 1 setup for my '92: springs/struts/shocks $489-499 . It looks like a pretty nice deal and it has what I'm looking for: upgraded "stock" performance with a better stance (I'd like it to sit just about level with the slightest bit of rake). Someone mentioned that the Bullitts sit lower. Any idea just how much lower? I also like the idea of a Steeda Sport/Tokico Blue setup. Are the Tokicos used in the Mach 1 package the same as the Blues?

I've been considering the PPI Bullitt or Mach 1 setup for my '92: springs/struts/shocks $489-499 . It looks like a pretty nice deal and it has what I'm looking for: upgraded "stock" performance with a better stance (I'd like it to sit just about level with the slightest bit of rake). Someone mentioned that the Bullitts sit lower. Any idea just how much lower? I also like the idea of a Steeda Sport/Tokico Blue setup. Are the Tokicos used in the Mach 1 package the same as the Blues?

Who has those springs and shocks for that price???.....

I have the Eibach pro-kit springs with Eibach shocks/struts and I am very pleased with them.

My LX is my daily driver but I am also taking it road racing now and then, and it seems to hold up very well even compared with much more modern cars.
I am going to install Eibach swaybars front/rear this spring, and hopefully in a year or so I will have a panhard bar and torque arm installed as well.
Should be a blast then :nice:

When I installed the springs/shocks/struts I also did cc plates and offset steering rack bushings and urethane spring insulators - huge difference from stock. :D