Best lower control arms for 60's feets

aleborjas

Sep 11, 2005
hi, wich are the best lower control arms for 60 feets i'm thinking of lakewood #21900 what you think? i used to have granatelli wheight jaker and they are suck because of the ball joint but the rest they gripp good what you think of the lakewood they look the same as mega bite JR, or any other one?

• Sponsors (?)

It is more in the upper arm then the lower as far as adjustment. For the most part a lower is a lower...

I like and run the www.teamzmotorsports.net stuff but the UPR stuff is very nice as well.

Stay away form the lift bars (SSM is currently out of business as well) they are very hard on the TQ boxes and chassis.

Did you get my retirn e-mail about the cam?

hi, no i havent receved the e-mail!
yesterday i ordered lakewood #21900 for lower and steeda's #4100 uppers is that good for the track? i reinforced the torque boxes and subframe conectors.
"stay away from GRANATELLI'S control arm" they are suck mines broke all 4 and i dont have a pro stock car!

Good luck finding the right answers. I thought picking control arms was going to be easy:rolleyes:, then I started reading up on them, its like a science.

I really like the Mega Bite arms, but I've read they are not a good choice for 5 speed cars. Any true to that? Does anyone know if you can use the Mega Bite arms like a regular control arm?

Curse said:
Good luck finding the right answers. I thought picking control arms was going to be easy:rolleyes:, then I started reading up on them, its like a science.

I really like the Mega Bite arms, but I've read they are not a good choice for 5 speed cars. Any true to that? Does anyone know if you can use the Mega Bite arms like a regular control arm?

No. I ran them with stock suspension and no sway bar and was able to cut a high 1.6 on BFGs.

Rick 91GT said:
Stay away form the lift bars (SSM is currently out of business as well) they are very hard on the TQ boxes and chassis.

Yes they are hard on things but you cant beat the results. You can always intall battle boxs and subframe connectors if its becomming a problem.

Sounds to me that the stress on the torque boxes and such is a result of the grip the lift bars produce - which means, essentially, that they're doing their job VERY well. My buddy's got a set of Southside lift bars on his '90 notch, and even with those skinny-sidewall 17's, stock battery location, and 3.73's he's running, that thing will LAUNCH (whereas mine just spins like I'm on wet pavement).

Only downside I've heard about lift bars is that they don't allow for cornering as well as regular control arms do - something about taking chunks out of your rear tires if you try to corner hard with 'em, I dunno. Hopefully someone can prove/disprove that idea...

I remember Hotchkis and BBK used to be all whooptie-doo brands for control arms for some reason, but now I'm not so sure they're the ****zle...