Best way to bring back the shine

GATOR98GT

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
BRISTOL
HEy I m getting the itch with the nice wheather to do some spring cleaning on the stang. What is the best way to get the nicest shine and best things to use to clean up the stang? Looking for some sggestions besides the traditional wash an wax. Any secrets? Special products that actualy work real well?

• Sponsors (?)

GATOR98GT said:
HEy I m getting the itch with the nice wheather to do some spring cleaning on the stang. What is the best way to get the nicest shine and best things to use to clean up the stang? Looking for some sggestions besides the traditional wash an wax. Any secrets? Special products that actualy work real well?

I have a few tips you might want to try...without seeing the condition of your paint:

1. Wash your car thoroughly
2. Clay the whole car with ClayMagic or Mother's kit
3. Wash the car again
4. Use a nice polish like Meguiar's #7 or 3M Imperial Hand Glaze, go to Meg's #9 or 3M Swirl Mark Remover if you have some visible swirls, then...
5. Top it with Meguiar's #26 High Tech Wax or 3M Show car paste wax.

Its really a simplified plan, but this will get you well on your way to having a great finish!

gunsfan said:
I have a few tips you might want to try...without seeing the condition of your paint:

1. Wash your car thoroughly
2. Clay the whole car with ClayMagic or Mother's kit
3. Wash the car again
4. Use a nice polish like Meguiar's #7 or 3M Imperial Hand Glaze, go to Meg's #9 or 3M Swirl Mark Remover if you have some visible swirls, then...
5. Top it with Meguiar's #26 High Tech Wax or 3M Show car paste wax.

Its really a simplified plan, but this will get you well on your way to having a great finish!

Do all this is one day. How long does it take? It usually takes me about three hours just to do one coat of turtle wax. Am I doing something wrong?

jason1320 said:
Do all this is one day. How long does it take? It usually takes me about three hours just to do one coat of turtle wax. Am I doing something wrong?

I am doing this today, except I am using the Meguiar's 3 step products. Looks to be about 6 hours total. Of course, it is slightly cool out so the stuff is taking forever to dry.

I must say, the clay was amazing. I couldn't believe the crap it pulled off.

I get most of my stuff at Pep Boys.

The other product that I highly recomend is Vinylex by Lexol instead of Armorall or other interior products. It is the one retail protectant that detailers will recommend. The only place I can find it is at Pep Boys.