Best way to clean headlights?

HoustonGT

Gilded Gelding
Apr 6, 2003
Houston
Hey guys, im trading headlights with another GT because i want the smoked headlights and he wants the clear ones on his Silver stang. I bought some Blue Magic plexiglass and plastic cleaner, which helped cleaned them up a bit, but whats the best way to clean the healdights and remove the scratches? I want to give the guy a set of good looking headlights. Will a scratch remover like Meguiar's work on plastic healdights or are there better methods? THNX

• Sponsors (?)

Didn't someone have some method with sandpaper or sumtin like that? The Blue Magic helped alot actually, but i did remind the guy that the headlights are 5 years old. They have no clouding what so ever, just some scratches and stuff form normal driving.

I found this stuff on ebay that says it takes away the cloudiness and yellow, i dont remember if it fixed scratches too but I would imagine it does. Search for headlight restoration on ebay or there website was www.mdwholesale.com(ebay was a few dollars cheaper) Of course you have probably already traded your headlights by now.

Rubbing compound...about 1500 grit. It was a tip I had picked up on the TCCOA forum a few years ago. I had a 97' Cougar that saw a lot of highway use in the winter when the roads were sanded, and the clear lenses were pitted badly. The rubbing compound cleared up 90% of the "fogginess", enough that there was even a noticeable difference in the headlights at night. I have some digital pix showing a comparison of one done - not done that I can try to find if someone wants to see them.