Boss vs. Mach

[QUOTE='69Mach1Chick]To settle a wager between myself and a friend i just want to know which is better...

'69 429

Mach or Boss[/QUOTE]

Considering a Mach is nothing more than a fancy name for a GT and the Boss cars are speciality cars....it would have to be the boss.

• Sponsors (?)

I will say the Mach 1 428cj. If you want clout and bragging rights the Boss 429 would be the way to go but if you want speed the 428cj owns. All this stuff about the Boss 429 being faster in the high end I am not sure of because didn't the 428cj in 69-70 break a couple of speed records NOT the Boss 429? Yeah and what is a 69 Mach 1 429 anyway? hehe
Kevin

The 428 FE engines were aging dinosaurs. The 385 series engines were developed to be the next generation and have enormous potential. And when you are talking the big hemi 429...it's no contest, slap on a 850 DP and a set of headers and say bye-bye 428 SCJ.

[QUOTE='69Mach1Chick]To settle a wager between myself and a friend i just want to know which is better...

'69 429

Mach or Boss[/QUOTE]

edit: page 2 ownage!

69 mach vs. 69 429 boss??

hmmm left that wide open what with engine choices in the mach...

cool factor the boss has it what with the hemi.

speed factor...428scj wins for me.

body factor...I love the 69 fastback body regardless so they both go equal for me since mach's got a shaker and the boss got the hood and quarters :p

handling factor...mach wins. boss understeers WAY too much

just my 2 cents though.