Bought myself the Husky Air Compressor kit from Home Depot!

Chythar

Recently finished repairing my rear
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Aug 26, 2004
Foothill Ranch, CA
I'll be using it this weekend, and man am I looking forward to it. I did compress up the tank and hooked up the impact wrench. Man, that was a sweet sound. :D Can't wait to use it. I do have a bit of a story to tell about getting it, though.

First off, here'sa link to the set from Home Depot:

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDU...=Yes&CNTKEY=Super+Categories/Tools+&+Hardware

I was hoping to get the kit early, so I could do some work this weekend. No luck there, but I wanted to get the kit anyway. So I went down to my local Home Depot to get one. They had several, so I lugged one onto a cart and bought it. It wasn't that heavy, just awkward. No worries, right? Not so. I don't own a truck nor do I know anyone that does. All I have is my Mustang. And the tank is about 5ft tall.

Oh ****. :doh:

Well, nothing to do but try. I was fortunate enough to get some help from some guy who was loading up his pickup truck. I wasn't gonna ask for help, but he just walked on over an helped. He definitely helped preserve my interior. After moving the front seats forward, the tank ACTUALLY FIT in my back seat! :eek: I had less than an inch to spare all around. I took some of the packing material and put it between the tank and the rear panels, to try & protect from scratching. Did a good job, too. Drove back REAL slooooow, and made it without breaking anything. There was a lot of creaking in the plastic panels, but they held. I still can't believe it.

I would've taken pics if I thought about it. But all I wanted to do is get that tank out of my back seat before it broke something. I got two scratches on the passenger side, but they're in the black part and you can't really see them. But you CAN fit the tank in the back seat. Though if I ever need to do that again, I'm going to remove the passenger seat and transport it that way. It would be MUCH easier.

• Sponsors (?)

Weird, I wonder why the link won't work? Just search for this model number:

WL660899

The tank seems to be bigger than what I need, but i couldn't pass up on the tool kit that came with it.

VibrantRedGT said:
My wife bought me a Craftsman 30 Gallon 150psi air compressor two years ago for Christmas. Don't know how I survived all those years without one.

Same here!
I got the Campbell Hausfeld 28 gal, 125 PSI last year...use the die grinder for rough sanding all the time. Saved me big-time on taking off the alternator pulley. Go to www.harborfreight.com to get some air tools.
RC

I just installed a new air regulator system. I was always getting water in the air tools. This seperator works wonders. The catch cans unscrew so you can empty crap out of them.

air_reg.gif

That's a good idea. I was reading how water collects in the tank, and how you're "supposed" to decompress the tank once a day to let the condensation drip out. That would be a major PITA 'cause I'd have to drain the tank every day I used it. Ordered and hopefully on the way soon. Here's the direct link to the air regulator:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=42035