Breaking in my exhaust

Shibbydude529

Nov 29, 2003
sup i just got my dynomax race bullets installed and the guy at the shopo said the sound is goin to change in about 2 weeks i was wondering if it gets louder or deeper or what thanks alot

• Sponsors (?)

um that is a hot debate. exhaust doesnt get "broken in". when you think about it, how does it? nothing wears on exhaust (from moving parts). its just airflow going through the system. my spintechs have sounded the same for about 3-4 months. same with my old MACs. the only break in you may get on exhaust is just fighting rust.

If you have some cheap glasspacks with regulat fiberglass inside then they will get louder as the packing breaks down from heat and moisture. This will happen to some extent in any muffler with packing inside. It may or may not be noticable depending on tons of factors. Chances are that the muffler will rot through before it gets noticably louder. Besides, Race Bullets are loud anyway.

i just installed bbk long tubes h-pipe with cats and mac cat back, first few days i was disapointed in the sound. within a few weeks it got deaper sounding. the droun got a lil worse but not to bad. but it did change after about 500 miles. i thoguht it was ludacris myslef, but my gf even noticed a change so come on.