Fox Build Thread- Some Days I Should Of Let It Burn Down

• Sponsors (?)

Drive's nice too with all you've done,huh?

Yeah it is surreal that this is one of the only cars, that I can just go out and its turn key.

I just need to make it one color again.

I was looking Eastwoods Satin Black kit, but the Nason 422-23 tinted black lasted forever and looked decent.

Reactions: 1 user
No, Im using their rear shocks and would love their fronts (I already have the coil overs) but just havent got there yet.
I do know it's a very common combination

I heard they can be noisy with the strange struts and I know coilovers are not a one size fit all. MM makes you clarify what struts you are using. Hence my curiosity of first hand experiences.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4no20j9nuNc

I heard they can be noisy with the strange struts and I know coilovers are not a one size fit all. MM makes you clarify what struts you are using. Hence my curiosity of first hand experiences.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4no20j9nuNc

I wish Sharad still came around here, he could answer the questions in great detail as he's UPR's sales/social media guru. I *think* that they make 2 seperate sleeves - 1 of them being specifically for the strange strut application. It's worth getting on their site and poking around.

@Black1987
I have the MM co-2 kit with tokico illumina adj struts and the kit fits like a glove and is completely silent. If you're wanting to go with UPR then i'd call them and get a setup that they personally recommend. Its all about matching the O.D. of the strut to the I.D. of the sleeve. I do believe UPR kits incorporate torrington needle bearings which is key. This way if anything goes wrong (noisy, rattles) then they should honor their product with a full refund.

Reactions: 1 users
@Black1987
I have the MM co-2 kit with tokico illumina adj struts and the kit fits like a glove and is completely silent. If you're wanting to go with UPR then i'd call them and get a setup that they personally recommend. Its all about matching the O.D. of the strut to the I.D. of the sleeve. I do believe UPR kits incorporate torrington needle bearings which is key. This way if anything goes wrong (noisy, rattles) then they should honor their product with a full refund.

I called them before and search their website, but the only thing they say is not to use X-brand strut, not made for Y brand strut.

I would prefer to go MM but I can't justify the extra cheddar unless there is a reason....Someone will chime in quality, buy once. Yes but UPR entire DOM K-Member kit with a-arms and coil overs is fraction of the cost with a life warranty on the structural components.

So im like for $375 for just the coil overs....or $700 for everything:bang:

I called them before and search their website, but the only thing they say is not to use X-brand strut, not made for Y brand strut.

I would prefer to go MM but I can't justify the extra cheddar unless there is a reason....Someone will chime in quality, buy once. Yes but UPR entire DOM K-Member kit with a-arms and coil overs is fraction of the cost with a life warranty on the structural components.

So im like for $375 for just the coil overs....or $700 for everything:bang:
Yeah this chit isn't cheap. I have a new UPR k member that I bought 2nd hand for $200, new QA1 arms with SN95 ball joints for $200, MM CO-2 $375, tokico illumina struts $350 on sale for a grand total $1,125. I wish I could find a good deal on a used MM k member but I think the UPR will suffice for as little street driving that I do. Heck, I may just sell the dang k member just to save me the extra work. Not sure the juice is worth the squeeze on the k member mod.

I'm running the mm cc plates/coilovers with the strange struts and a UPR bumpsteer kit with stock k member/a arms etc. I have had no issues with noise and ride quality is great imo. I went with 150# springs and they are perfect for a street/strip application. Soft ride and negligible nose dip on braking(slightly more than stock probably but again negligible imo). You already probably know the pro's to go coil over and an adjustable strut/shock. I see no negatives other than cost. I think the UPR models will be fine if you match them up with the correct strut like @FoxMustangLvr stated above.

I'm running the mm cc plates/coilovers with the strange struts and a UPR bumpsteer kit with stock k member/a arms etc. I have had no issues with noise and ride quality is great imo. I went with 150# springs and they are perfect for a street/strip application. Soft ride and negligible nose dip on braking(slightly more than stock probably but again negligible imo). You already probably know the pro's to go coil over and an adjustable strut/shock. I see no negatives other than cost. I think the UPR models will be fine if you match them up with the correct strut like @FoxMustangLvr stated above.

Appreciate the feedback. I already have the strange struts installed, hence why the question (I wasn't clear on what I meant).

I know MM will have no issues with the strange struts. I was looking partically if UPR had any conflicts.

Or interesting:thinking::thinking:

IMG_4144.PNG

It also appears Team Z fits Stranges :oops:

I had Strange adjustable shocks and struts on my SN95, and they were soo loud they came off within 100 miles of me putting them on.

Mine are only a lil noisy on my driveway randomly, but its almost a mile dirt/random gravel road.

I use UPR coilovers with the Strange 10 way struts, zero issues at all.

Now that is what I was looking for.

If your UPR coil overs were to rattle would you really be able to hear it over the sound of stray cats and small children being sucked in to your massive YSi supercharger?;) :rlaugh:
No chance in hell, it's hard to hear much of anything over the 4" exhauat while you wipe the tears from the methanol out of your eyes lmao

I don't even think his struts are adjustable anymore after the wheel stands.

Surprisingly yes, I don't have a lot of front end travel but the car does like them 1 click from full tight. At full tight it blows the tires off and 2 clicks will be right on the bumper. 1 click = 400' of wheels up action (trying to tame that down a bit too lol)

Reactions: 1 users