Bullitt shifter bezel install

03MustangGT

Nov 13, 2003
Pennsylvania
Hey what's up guys? I just bought the Bullitt shifter bezel and I was wondering if anyone had some tips to install it. I don't know much about working on cars, so I wanted to ask so I don't screw anything up. The bezel came with a drill bit and screws, so I put 2 and 2 together and figured I was going to have to drill some holes and I don't want to do that unless I know what Im doing. Thanks a lot for your help.

By the way, I just bought my stang in November. It's my first stang and I love it. Its an 03 GT premium, 5 speed, and all the bells and whistles including the Mach 1000 sound system. I picked it up through the wholesale auction for $18,700, and it only had 526 miles on it!!! Im pretty sure that's the steal of the century. I just can't wait to put on a catback (maybe magnapacks) and intake and possibly new throttle body and see how much more fun she is to drive!

• Sponsors (?)

Cotton, my stang is redfire clearcoat. I really wanted black or true blue in maybe a 2002 model, but I found the redfire in a 2003 and couldn't say no. As for the bezel, I took a look at it and it is a solid piece of aluminum. I havent taken it out and tried to install it, but my thought is it won't just snap in. I've heard before that you can just snap them in, and that's what I was planning to do, but it came with the screws and drill bit so I thought I'd ask around and see what people thought.

03MustangGT said:
Cotton, my stang is redfire clearcoat. I really wanted black or true blue in maybe a 2002 model, but I found the redfire in a 2003 and couldn't say no. As for the bezel, I took a look at it and it is a solid piece of aluminum. I havent taken it out and tried to install it, but my thought is it won't just snap in. I've heard before that you can just snap them in, and that's what I was planning to do, but it came with the screws and drill bit so I thought I'd ask around and see what people thought.

I was under the impression that the actual Bullitt Bezel by Ford was plastic and just snapped into place. If your's is aluminum I'd bet you have an aftermarket bezel from Steeda, UPR, etc, right?? where did you buy it?

WES

The steeda one I sell just snaps in, I put on in my car. Snaps in tight, never budges.

I'd be afraid to drill through that plastic, that sucks. Then you can never remove it. Oh, and subscribing because I want to see what brand bezel that is.

The bezel isn't a ford part. I ordered it online along with the bullitt shifter knob and the bullitt/mach1 pedals. The website was:

http://www.blueovalindustries.com/mustanginterior.htm

The box it came in had a brand name of KSR. I never heard of it, so I imagine they are some sort of reproduction company? I bought the package because it was only $130 for all three items, which makes me nervous because I might be getting screwed over if this stuff doesn't fit correctly. What do you guys think?

What I would do is unscrew your shifter knob, take off the boot and frame that snaps on over your shifter, put the shifter bezel where you think it should sit, mark the holes to be drilled with a marker, remove the bezel, drill the holes, replace the bezel, insert the screws, and then put everything back together.

You can probably drill with everything in place too, but you may not be able to reach the front holes with the drill...

Bill

Apparently some brands snap in and others are screwed in. I think kinda like the way the allen screws on the screw-in types look but it's all a matter of personal preference. Personally, I don't like that Steeda has their name on their bezel and many of their other accessories. Hey, if they want people to advertize for them the parts should be free! BTW, great response by "warment" -concise and to the point ... this is what you do, step by step.