by a show of "+1" K&N!

greenGTstang

Jun 9, 2006
ok. after reading threads after threads and doing other research. i just want a show of "+1"'s who prefer a k&n drop in w/removal of silencer over the install of a KIPK II.

i just want to get this finally done with. i needa install one in my baby :D

remember...no JLT, DEMELOT..etc. just k&n

THANKS!

• Sponsors (?)

Just being an ass :)

If you searched well enough, you'd have found the post where a user posted intake temps with stock, filter, and an intake, and they all were about the same. I can't remember exactly the results, but the difference is negliable.

If you have money burning a hole in your pocket, buy an intake, but don't expect massive gains.

Drop in is good if its all you can get, thats the biggest gain. But it doesnt hurt to remove the ripples in the TB pipe and remove the silencer. The fipk2 is a good piece and can be had on ebay for reasonable prices.

K&Ns suck. every single one that i've had has fallen apart after a year. Million mile warranty my ass :notnice:

heres my most recent one:
DSC02496.jpg

Attachments

• DSC02496.jpg
    DSC02496.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 64
Dude if they fall apart you call them and get a new one lol...that's why they call it a warranty! :p Thats like people throwing away $800 worth of leaking Bilsteins when they are lifetime warranty.

Go on ebay and buy a used drop in for a few bucks and clean it/re-oil it! CAI's are a waste of money.